OGXbox.com

XBox Mini Case

ShinGoutetsu

2 minutes ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

Sounds great, if you ever make one small enough for my mini design I'd be very interested.

One of the reasons I want to make some. I plan on making at least 2 of these systems once you release the files and I need power supplies so I figured why not take a shot at designing my own. What are the dimensions of the current power supply solution?

40 minutes ago, DobaMuffin said:

One of the reasons I want to make some. I plan on making at least 2 of these systems once you release the files and I need power supplies so I figured why not take a shot at designing my own. What are the dimensions of the current power supply solution?

With the adapter attached it's 74mm long by 63mm wide by 30mm high (approximately).

There is a fair amount of space where the xbox fan would normally be in the mini case so that could be utilised for a psu and then run wires and connector to where they need to plug in.

Edited by ShinGoutetsu

30 minutes ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

With the adapter attached it's 74mm long by 63mm wide by 30mm high (approximately).

There is a fair amount of space where the xbox fan would normally be in the mini case so that could be utilised for a psu and then run wires and connector to where they need to plug in.

I'll have to design and test the psu first. I'll try to keep it in that size or smaller (Shouldn't be difficult) and then go from there.

Thanks as always for sharing your progress.

Been looking at dirtypcbs.com as an Alt to the other pcb sites I use, so read the about us page.   

LOL worth a read, its mostly all about what they do and how but the bit at the bottom will tickle anyone who works in a customer facing industry. 
Basically its what we all want to say but cant or we would get sacked.

51 minutes ago, DobaMuffin said:

I'll have to design and test the psu first. I'll try to keep it in that size or smaller (Shouldn't be difficult) and then go from there.

If you need any further measurements let me know.

30 minutes ago, big F said:

Thanks as always for sharing your progress.

Been looking at dirtypcbs.com as an Alt to the other pcb sites I use, so read the about us page.   

LOL worth a read, its mostly all about what they do and how but the bit at the bottom will tickle anyone who works in a customer facing industry. 
Basically its what we all want to say but cant or we would get sacked.

It is quite amusing, I literally only went there as that's where N64 Freak said he'd uploaded the gerbers. Very reasonable prices.

On 2/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, big F said:

SS_Dave that case looks like the generic Media PC cases that were available a few years ago.  I have a full size PC board one. They look great and just blend into the lounge set up of your average audiophiles house.

It is some sort of media case as the rear panel is full of RCA holes.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Top marks for your commitment and a job well done.

I recently got into 3D printing, and went down the rabbit hole of designing my own stuff.  I'm currently designing a custom faceplate for an OG box project, and to say the learning curve is steep would be a massive understatement.

Well done.

6 hours ago, Baggashite said:

Top marks for your commitment and a job well done.

I recently got into 3D printing, and went down the rabbit hole of designing my own stuff.  I'm currently designing a custom faceplate for an OG box project, and to say the learning curve is steep would be a massive understatement.

Well done.

Thanks, just read your post regarding your project. It's looking good, I'll be sure to keep up with any updates you have

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 7:03 PM, ShinGoutetsu said:

I'm working away for a few days but I'll sort it once I'm home

8 hours ago, lizardmonkey said:

Can I possibly get that too? Would really appreciate it.

ShinGoutetsu  sent me the files... much appreciated, and absolutely no disrespect to him hi,  as he did mention that the mounting holes may not be perfect, but I've measured them and found they don't quite fit with my boards. This may be a difference between boards but I'll post my measurements back to ShinGoutetsu and see if he agrees.

@lizardmonkeyI'm working away from home at the moment but will send you a link once I'm back.

The motherboard model was mainly created to check that it would fit in my case design. I roughly placed the mounting holes and updated my case to get them in the correct position but never updated the motherboard. This is why they are a bit off. I could correct it but that will have to wait until I get time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, John5MM said:

ShinGoutetsu

Sorry for my English. I have a question

Have you tried to use picoatx160W ?

What kind of 12V power supply do you use to power the Xbox?

Can I schematic and data ATX to XBOX, I want to adapt it to 1.4 version?

The xt160 will require some filter capacitors to be removed if using a v1.0 or 1.1, I think later revisions used a single larger value capacitor in the areas (where there are several on early boards) so the may need replacing with slightly smaller value capacitors.

Try to find a 12v ac adapter with at least 10a output, check mini-box's website for an xt160 pdf that will tell you the correct sized jack plug (I think it's a center positive 5.5mm jack plug).

There is already a v1.2/1.4 version of the atx to xbox adapter (designed by N64 Freak) which you can find on dirtypcbs.com 

• 1 month later...

So I've spoken to a CNC company regarding a quote and I've had to revise the design to remove most sharp corners due to the CNC process.

Once I get the quote back I may have a few made to sell on (depending on cost obviously). I should here back from them tomorrow.

I've also done a quick render to show the internal layout

xbox mini 45.jpg

render.jpg

• Like 1

This is looking so buff!!

hopefully they will give a good price and not try to scalp you. 

I have a link on one of my computers for a company who do laser cut work and if I remember correctly  they quote via the cad files and the overall size of plastic sheet needed. They are States side but we’re still cheaper for me in Blighty,than the locals.

I can get it and post here if needed.

Edited by big F

5 minutes ago, big F said:

This is looking so buff!!

hopefully they will give a good price and not try to scalp you. 

I have a link on one of my computers for a company who do laser cut work and if I remember correctly  they quote via the cad files and the overall size of plastic sheet needed. They are States side but we’re still cheaper for me in Blighty,than the locals.

I can get it and post here if needed.

Well the perspex faceplates still need laser cutting so if they can do that cheaper than my current supplier I'd appreciate the link 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...