OGXbox.com

4tb Xbox

Soufian Elamriti

• 3 weeks later...

The translation is pretty rough, but pushing through google translate reveals enough to make it readable.

1) Start with a no DVD BIOS (so it’ll actually boot!)

2) install a molex Y-splitter for powering the second drive

3) Tie all grounds (black wires) together

4) Attach the motherboard’s red/yellow wires to the center poles of the switch (I think this is a 3-pole?)

5)attach the red/yellow wires of respective drives or either end of the switch

6) make sure both drives are set to master so the system will boot from either

7) Figure out how to mount the damn thing in your case

😎 ????

9) Profit!!!!

The LEDs are optional and basically just so you’re sure which drive you’re booting from. You could just as easily switch the color of your LED from the dashboard. 

If I get a chance soon I might actually make an English version of this tut, had a couple people broach the subject of multi drive with me recently. If only there were some way to operate these drives in a RAID setup. Haha. Bottlenecks :’(

• Like 1

I had success with a 4 port SATA switch board. Before boot, just depress one of four buttons for desired drive and power up! I easily fit 4, 2TB 2.5 inch drives in case with the switcher. I think I have over 700 movies and roughly 300 Xbox games plus the Emulators. I keep it in bedroom on separate TV while the wife watches Housewives of WTF ever, lol. I’m never bored  :)

So yes, I’ll confirm multiple Hdd’s do work!

You just need to ftp everything. But it becomes second nature after a while. I can’t remember the last time I had to pop the top to temporarily rip a game over.

You obviously need to setup all 4 drives independently as if it’s the system operating master.

Edited by SUPERMAN31170
Added info
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

I would imagine something like this would work..

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Richer-R-Control-Selector-Switcher-Computer-default/dp/B07FYJ2NJB/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=sata+switch&qid=1555089301&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

You would have to mod the supplied cables but it should work.

That is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. It’s been almost 18 months to 2 years, but you can find the correct cables without need of modifying them. If I can find the link, I’ll post it.

6 hours ago, Magicaldave said:

Link the switch board Pl0x? 

Also so how does this connect to the board and power the drives? Cabling nightmare??

The switchboard link above does work with an IDE adapter/cables to the Sata drives. As I posted above, I’ll find the links and post here when I get a bit of time. I’ll pop the top off the Xbox and snap 1 or 2 pics as well.

3 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

The set of cables I was more so speaking of came in a set with a similar power cable and an SATA extension cable that you use from the usual recommended IDE to SATA adapter to the switchboard. My switchboard also came with very nice SATA/PSU cables to the 4 individual drives. I still have a little more than a full drive of space left.

Ps..... do yourself a favor and stay away from Hitachi “Death Star” hdd’s. Or any Hitachi drives..... don’t ask. The incident was 15 years ago and still too soon to speak of, lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@SUPERMAN31170

Hi, I'm very interested in your modification to make 4 Hd independent 2 TB 2.5-inch drives work.
I read that you would have taken the photo of the inside of your xbox so that we could see how the work came, if you could you could at least post the links of the switch and the cable you used?
Thank you