Sign in to follow this  
Doom1984

XBox Bios Update Help!

Hi all, so I pulled out my og Xbox that's already got evo x on it from years ago but it's old n out dated and I'm wanting to know how can I download a newer bios version and can I install this through ftp or does it have to be through USB ? Also what dashboard would ppl recommend and from where can I dl it ?

First of all you need t let us know what type of mod you have.... Is the xbox Softmodded, TSOP flashed or does it have a modchip?

Depending on which of these you ave , the answer to your question may be different.

Tbh you are probably running an upto date bios as i dont believe they have changed much in years if at all. You could change your dashboard is you wished, if you are just going to use the box to play games then i would recommend using XBMC4Gamers. 

• Like 1

I do have a old school to but I wanna play in on my modern LCD so I'll have to have wii controls in gun holders with a dolphin sensor bar 

There are light guns that work with the Xbox and newer LCD TVs.

EMS Top Gun 3

I don't own one so I'm not sure if it will work with all Xbox light gun games.  I've seen Floydzabarber use it to play the Chihiro game Please login or register to see this link. on a 128MB RAM upgraded ogXbox.

Upgrading BIOS may get marginally better boot times and no DVD check, but that’s about it. 

I’ve heard others say this can damage hardmodded consoles so my recommendation is a bit cautious, but you might want to use Rocky5’s softmod extras disc. Easy to upgrade to a newer, less breakable softmod and some cool features like dual booting, easy to change dashes, and zeroing the hard drive key. Although your Aladdin probably defeats the point of that last one. 

What version is the kernel/BIOS?

What version is the dashboard?

Recommend Please login or register to see this link.  (best use Rocky5's FTP server bug Please login or register to see this link. ) or Please login or register to see this link.  or Please login or register to see this link. .

There's also Please login or register to see this link. .

Do NOT install a SOFTMOD on a HARDMODDED (modchip installed or TSOP flashed) console.