OGXbox.com

Alternative To Pound Cable.

Acidmank

• 2 weeks later...

All of these component -> HDMI boxes that you see below say $50 are using the same chip and some even the same board internally. So just purchase the cheapest one honestly.

They are actually better quality than the Pound cable and some come with upscaling. I have both the Pound cable (returning it soon) and a Portta component -> HDMI upscaler.

Well I would still look precisely for how the image is rendered, because I bought one and the signal through HDMI is stretched and there is absolutely no way to display it as 4/3, pretty muche useless

I knos some other component to HDMI cables do not stretch the image

I regret buying the pound cable, the image keeps glitching and the actual cables and connectors feel very cheap and flimsy, like they might break at some point just through regular use and little movement. I have gone back to component for now but I might try the aliexpress hdmi cable or try to solder a different hdmi and component cables onto the pound board, since I reshipped the cable to the UK and I don't think I will be able to return it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It has Arrived !!!  ( postage label was damaged and it was held at postshop - a few phones calls finally got that sorted )

1st Impressions are good.     It is well assembled and has an Aluminium shell extruding with end caps fitted.  I not ready to try pull it apart yet but with encouragement i may in the near future.  😜

There is a micro usb Port that i'm not sure what its for?  (no instructions - Just plug and Play )

Usage:

I appreciate quality is subjective but its nice and sharp.

Better than Composite and at this stage id say its on par with component cable if not fractionally better. 

Needs more testing of course.

Is there anything in particular i should test with or look for?

• 8 months later...

I have just received from Kaico Labs their OGXbox to HDMI to test, and am pleased to report that i have finally got a Hdmi adaptor that works as it should. All previous adaptors from Hyperkin, Mascarry and Pound failed to give me an interference free image. This beauty is as clean as a whistle..and should be available from Amazon sometime near the end of the month

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 6:30 PM, David McKenna said:

I have just received from Kaico Labs their OGXbox to HDMI to test, and am pleased to report that i have finally got a Hdmi adaptor that works as it should. All previous adaptors from Hyperkin, Mascarry and Pound failed to give me an interference free image. This beauty is as clean as a whistle..and should be available from Amazon sometime near the end of the month

What version xbox do you have this on?  My Aliexpress cable works well on some xbox but not all.  ( sorry i dont have the details :( )

currently in using component cables and im happy.

My Xbox is a hybrid with bits from here and there. The motherboard is v1.0. I could only get a decent clear picture using a hybrid component (modded 360 component cable)..going HDMI had been a waste of time as lines across the screen and speckly dots rather spoiled things, as did other component cables. No such trouble with this one, though i did have to reduce the contrast and backlight on the TV a little :)

Edit, the manufacturing label on my Xbox tells me it's a v1.4. XBMC Emustation tells me it's a V1.0

Edited by David McKenna
To clarify

I had ordered a "Myriann Hdmi Cable For Original Xbox System" from eBay that looked like the adapter in the first image posted, when I tried it on an Xbox with a "force 480p" BIOS installed the video would cut out so much that you could only see the screen for a second or two every few seconds, the second Xbox I tried this adapter on had a regular BIOS and had not yet been set to HD in the dashboard, with the Xbox like this this adapter seemed to "upscale" the video, and it looked very fuzzy and soft, however, when I followed the instructions that came with the adapter and set the dashboard to enable HD resolutions this adapter went back to the video cutting out so much that you could only see the screen for a second or two every few seconds, I told the eBay seller what happened and they gave me a refund, and they did not even want it back, I guess the HDMI adapters are a hit or miss just like the cheap component cables.

BTW I had tested this HDMI adapter on v1.0 Xbox systems.

I have been using component cables, and they work well if you get a good set, but not all TVs have component input nowadays, and I wanted an adapter that was simple and quick to use,  and had a sharp clear image, but I have not found it yet, I have  a POUND HD Link Cable on order to test that out next.

Something I have noticed about some of the v1.0 Xbox systems that I have, is that some v1.0 Xbox systems have a "small" bit of interference on the cheap component cables, and other v1.0 Xbox systems don't show any interference using the same cheap cables, the only two ideas that make since to me are (1) the Xbox video connector is dirty or worn out (2) the electronic components in the Xbox systems that have interference are starting to go bad, I guess time will tell.

18 hours ago, william1384 said:

I had ordered a "Myriann Hdmi Cable For Original Xbox System" from eBay that looked like the adapter in the first image posted, when I tried it on an Xbox with a "force 480p" BIOS installed the video would cut out so much that you could only see the screen for a second or two every few seconds, the second Xbox I tried this adapter on had a regular BIOS and had not yet been set to HD in the dashboard, with the Xbox like this this adapter seemed to "upscale" the video, and it looked very fuzzy and soft, however, when I followed the instructions that came with the adapter and set the dashboard to enable HD resolutions this adapter went back to the video cutting out so much that you could only see the screen for a second or two every few seconds, I told the eBay seller what happened and they gave me a refund, and they did not even want it back, I guess the HDMI adapters are a hit or miss just like the cheap component cables.

BTW I had tested this HDMI adapter on v1.0 Xbox systems.

I opened up this adapter and the red LED had fallen off the board due to bad solder joints and some of the other soldering on the board was also bad, after I redid some of the soldering on the board and re-soldered the LED to the board I still have the same problems,  I think the LED that was free to move around inside the case may have shorted something out, I also noticed that the wire connecting from the Xbox to the adapter is unshielded.

• 3 weeks later...