OGXbox.com

X3cp Lcd Supported Apps?

bluemeanie23

I've never seen such a list.

However, XBMC, XBMC4Xbox, and Avalaunch dashboards, along with DVD2Xbox are the few I know that have LCD support.

Not sure if all versions of DVD2Xbox had support but the last two versions do - 0.7.7 and 0.7.8.

Avalaunch supports SmartXX LCD not sure of X3 or others if there was such a thing.

Update: XBlast OS XBE edition.

• Like 1

interesting, never heard of anything making the LCD work, other than dashboards.I was hoping to see on the screen, how much the system is loaded when different games are running, but was disappointed after hooking it to a SmartXX and seeing LCD going blank when any game is launched.

Edited by neighbor

With xbmc, it will show you the name of the game you are playing but thats it. When you are in the dash it will show you time date and info about the menu you are navigating. You can basically navigate your way around XBMC without using your TV :)

Im kinda disappointed that the trainer makers never utilised the LCD, as the trainer is running in the background im sure they could of used the screen too.

Maybe i am wrong but it would of been cool.

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Like 1

Looks like

Xored Trainer Launcher v2.1 by acidflash

supports an LCD. 

From its configuration file there are lines to enable and set the type of LCD in use:

# LCD Support "X3","SMARTXX","ALADIN4" are valid
LCD_Enable = "FALSE"
LCD_TYPE = "X3"

Maybe it's the trainer that shows the ammo, shield and health that @abazz009 mentioned before in Halo.

Continues on into the Xored Mini Launcher v2.2 too.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Looks like

Xored Trainer Launcher v2.1 by acidflash

supports an LCD. 

From its configuration file there are lines to enable and set the type of LCD in use:

# LCD Support "X3","SMARTXX","ALADIN4" are valid
LCD_Enable = "FALSE"
LCD_TYPE = "X3"

Maybe it's the trainer that shows the ammo, shield and health that @abazz009 mentioned before in Halo.

I have just tried this and the lcd shows the name of the .etm file you used to train the game and how much of the memory buffer you have used in %.

my LCD displays CPU, MB(GPU) temperatures and fan speed when in a game or application. which is how I would test my fan setups under load. 

Now I have made edits to the LCD.xlm in XBMC but this had no effect on showing that data.  I couldn't get it to retain the Now playing text. from my understanding that has something to do with an update in XBMC that "broke" LCD support.

my LCD also glitches out when left to idle, iv ruled out bad soldering, the modchip, and the LCD screen, both my SmarttXX chips do it on 2 different LCD screens and different xbox's. the LCD also works when I turn it "off" in the smarttXX OS. the glitching seems worse when its turned "ON" 

as for that LCD mod for halo, I could be crazy(i hope not, but since no one else remembers maybe..) it could of even been on TiZ in some dark download section crevice.

Does anyone remember the websites of those old Xbox halo mod groups? I bet it could be found through the way back machine, but without a specific website name, it would be tough.  iv tried to find these old sites/forums before with no luck. halo modding pretty much only brings up modding for the PC version.  as a kid, i can remember browsing pages and pages of xbox specific mods for halo but that scene has been dead for a long time now.