While tinkering with my Ndure softmodded Xbox, I have managed to mess something up with the files on the hard drive. I now get error 21. I'm not too concerned as I was sure to back up the eeprom. What I would like to do is use something like xboxhdm to build a new hard drive but have the softmod files included when the hard drive was being built. This way I simply put the hard drive in and I dont have to go through the process of softmodding all over again as it was included when I built the hard drive. From there I will probably just go ahead and TSOP flash the Xbox to make any future issues easier to deal with.
What would be the easiest way to do something like this?
Hi everyone! I am absolutely thrilled that the original XBOX scene is still alive!
I modded a bunch of XBOXs back in the day and I kept one of them. It's a nice crystal XBOX with an X3 (with a 1MB 3294 BIOS) and the nice LED control panel. I don't know why but back then I put a version 1.1 mobo in the crystal case. Back then a popular addition was a little fan underneath the HDD when you did an IDE HDD upgrade so it still has one of those still. (Nobody does that these days?) The other day I started it up and it was okay but it froze on a half a dozen or so games. At a closer glance, some of the file or folder names had some funky symbols so I thought to myself that I better replace the aging HDD. I'm so happy to see the new hardware available. I ordered a nice 80-wire cable and the SATA to IDE adapter and that arrived today. I didn't have a single DVD-R in the house so I couldn't do the HDD installation easily. Sure, hooking everything up was a charm. I did a quick cleaning of the interior of the case and removed the clock cap. Started it back up and I could only use the X3 BIOS to handle the HDD prep. I had to use the X3 BIOS to FTP the new dash. That was terrible but it worked in the end. Huge problem trying to get the partition correct. I recently flashed a bunch of different (and recommended) BIOSes and when I switched from one to another, it deleted what I had on the HDD and the partition size was different. All BIOSes that I selected, to my knowledge, supported LBA48. I used XBpartitioner 1.3 and also tried XBPTableWriter to write the table for those BIOSes that needed it. It looks good right now but I'm hesitant to change to a different bank to try a different BIOS. Anyways, in the near future, I'm doing that Noctua 80mm silent fan installation and I'll replace the thermal compound on the CPU and GPU.
Glad to be here!
I'm new here and have had both of my original xboxs modded when they came out years ago. I finally dusted them off and to my surprised they're still working great...well one of them at least. I'm hoping I can pick up some tips on what I can do to get the other up and running well again.