OGXbox.com

Complete XBox Game Collection In One XBox!

nikeymikey

Hi,

I have just finished transferring the complete (or as close as possible, all NTSC and most PAL games) Xbox game collection to my 2TB X3 Xbox. I say complete but i am missing the "Club Football" games as there is about 20 of them and they are petty much all identical..... I will pick one club and put both of their games on but i haven't decided yet. I have about 26Gb of space left on my G drive which i am planning to use to go through the few Jap exclusives and add any that are actually playable without knowing Japanese :)

Its taken me the best part of a week to FTP it all across doing as much as possible each evening, had a few issues along the way, such as overheating a couple of times and even had a catastrophic hardware failure which resulted in me having to butcher another xbox for its motherboard to get my beloved x3cp xbox back up and running!!

I managed to fit all these games in to 2TB by using a combination of extracted folder games and ISO's. I used ISO for those games that have 1000's of files as all those small files dont play well with a 64k cluster size. The ISO's do actually take less space on the hard drive!!

Im running the excellent XBMC4Gamers as my dash (Thanks Rocky5) This is a fantastic dash and has provided everything from full artwork for EVERY game, to being able to patch a BFM bios to play the ISO file games.

This has bought my xbox back from being unused and stuffed away in the loft to sitting under the TV in the front room where it deserves to be.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!

Hi, I just dusted off my Xbox from attic and was thinking to slot a 2Tb drive in etc. so joined this forum. You've done just what I would want to!

Any chance of posting a write up?

Mine is TSOP flashed (from memory) with an IND BIOS I hate! Which BIOS would you recommend (I have no idea what a BFM BIOS is). I'd prefer being able to load ISOs and also if poss to have a stock look (no IND-BIOS logos or X2 logos).

• Like 1

BFM means "Boot From Media" and in this case is a bios that is booted from the HDD and patched on the fly to enable the use of ISO files mounted as the DVD drive. Not all games will work when played from the HDD as an ISO file. 

If you dont like the iND Bios then you will need to softmod and then reflash your tsop with a different bios, i have an xbox flashed with the X2 bios, you will need a X2config.ini on the hard drive with that one though.

Then you will have to set up your new 2tb drive, i would clone your existing drive using Chimp, thats exactly what i did. Once you have the new drive booting then its just a case of FTP'ing all the games over. 

I would recommend using Rocky5's excellent XBMC4Gamers dash as using that you can add all the game covers and other artwork very very easiy. Its also a great simple dash for just gaming. 

There are various guides for everything already on this site, but i will be glad to help if you get stuck at any particular point. :)

• Thanks 1

You don't have to softmod your already TSOP hardmodded system to be able to reflash a different BIOS to it.

Use Hexen 2018 disk and select the hard modded menu items for flashing a BIOS.

There are BIOS's for v1.0-1.5 consoles and others for 1.6.  You need to know the version of your Xbox to decide which BIOS to select.

You can also upload XBlastOS XBE edition to the HDD and flash using it instead of needing to boot the HeXEN 2018 disc.

23 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

You don't have to softmod your already TSOP hardmodded system to be able to reflash a different BIOS to it.

Use Hexen 2018 disk and select the hard modded menu items for flashing a BIOS.

There are BIOS's for v1.0-1.5 consoles and others for 1.6.  You need to know the version of your Xbox to decide which BIOS to select.

You can also upload XBlastOS XBE edition to the HDD and flash using it instead of needing to boot the HeXEN 2018 disc.

Thanks guys (both of you).

Actually I found a box in the attic and have 4 Xboxes all TSOP'd with IND bios and bigger HDDs. Forgot I did all that!!! 

Would love some pointers on the BFM BIOS patch stuff as I have never heard of that. Any guide would be great.  I found the X2 BIOS config editor and that was easy but no point if I need a BFM BIOS.  If I am gonna grab a 2TB drive for one of the Xboxes it sounds very much like a good way to try ISOs for games if I can. Is there a list somewhere on those that dont work in this manner?

These are the steps for loading an ISO game using XBMC4Gamers...

you will also need this: Bios-Virtual-Disc-Patcher-Loader

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SaUZP528wMJFkDfswOgpHvhmLwGu98sq

Heres the mini guide (Originlly provided by Rocky5)

1.  Transfer iso from PC to xbox F:games\ or G:\games

2.  Copy folder "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher" to root of C:\

3. Copy folder "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher Loader" and "reboot xbe" to E:\apps\

4. Run "XISO to HDD script" and select F:\games or G:\games (where ever you placed your ISO's) and pick ok

5. Then head back to Xbmc4gamers "applications" menu and run "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher Loader" (It will reboot into XBMC4Gamers. The LED will change colour for a second during the patching)

6. Select your ISO game from the games menu, ISO will then be attached as D:\ xbox will reboot back to XBMC4Gamers. Your game ill be shown as a spinning disc in the top right corner. 

7. Press Start to boot the virtual disc

8. Play the game :)

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 8:24 PM, nikeymikey said:

These are the steps for loading an ISO game using XBMC4Gamers...

you will also need this: Bios-Virtual-Disc-Patcher-Loader

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SaUZP528wMJFkDfswOgpHvhmLwGu98sq

Heres the mini guide (Originlly provided by Rocky5)

1.  Transfer iso from PC to xbox F:games\ or G:\games

2.  Copy folder "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher" to root of C:\

3. Copy folder "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher Loader" and "reboot xbe" to E:\apps\

4. Run "XISO to HDD script" and select F:\games or G:\games (where ever you placed your ISO's) and pick ok

5. Then head back to Xbmc4gamers "applications" menu and run "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher Loader" (It will reboot into XBMC4Gamers. The LED will change colour for a second during the patching)

6. Select your ISO game from the games menu, ISO will then be attached as D:\ xbox will reboot back to XBMC4Gamers. Your game ill be shown as a spinning disc in the top right corner. 

7. Press Start to boot the virtual disc

8. Play the game :)

Thanks. I wonder if I need that though now... I have a collection of stuff where everything is patched to run from HDD so I think that covers every title.... 

Would appreciate some advice on HDD partitioning though. I think I'll probably leave the IND BIOS in place.  I've seen "guides" suggesting mixing partitioning software versions and F & G partitions of 1TB each (almost). What layout did you use and how (and did you fill it at all as there are hints of bad things if you didnt format how they suggest).

I'm definitely using XBMC4gamers though. That's awesome!!!

I used the ISO method for the few games that dont work form HDD (there are a few) and also for games that had THOUSANDS of small files. The small files dont play well with a 2tb drive due to cluster size. The 3tb had 64k cluster size and any file smaller than that will always take 64k on the drive. This means that these games will take more space than expected on the hard drive. 

I believe this is the only way i got as many games as i did onto the xbox. I have probably approx 100 games as ISO. 

If you are using a 2tb hard drive then you will need to use XB Partitioner to make sure that your F & G partitions are both 927Gb. Take a look at this thread 

it should give you what you need to get the job done. :)

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, coops375 said:

Also have you done anything to your xbox to help reduce temps? Mines locking up even with new thermal paste. 

Thanks. 

What CPU and system temps are you seeing?

The Xbox's front panel eject ring should start flashing orange and the fan speed increase if the temps are getting too high.

Which dashboard are you using?  some have automatic fan speed control. 

What version is your Xbox?  1.0's GPU fan may not be spinning.

xbox version 1.1

Originally had an x3 chip inside but decided to take it out as it wasn't working too well. It had a solderless adapter where I think the connections weren't that great so it didn't always work.

I also failed in trying to get the x3 to read the 3tb hdd (I know it only reads 2.2tb but had it spare after PC upgrade) even after formatting with xbpartitioner 1.3, I read something about there being a setting in the x3 config live screen. However, once I installed a new bios and even reverting back I wasn't able to access this. 

xbox was running at 60c the other day with the DVD drive/HDD out of the case. (I guess this could have contributed to the temp? as the fan wasn't pulling air efficiently . 

The one thing I did notice is that the CPU temp seems accurate, but the GPU reads 55c and I'm unable to keep my finger on it due to the heat. It's surely more than 55c as the CPU reads maybe 45 and I can touch this fine. 

I'm using unleashx as the dash for transferring games but plan to boot straight into xbmc4gamers  once games have copied over. 

The Xbox's Temperature Sensors

There is no GPU temperature sensor.  The CPU has a diode temp sensor tied to the ADM1032 near the MCPX which also has an internal sensor to measure its ambient air temperature.  The temperature sensor chip is located at U6F1 nearer to the MCPX chip than the GPU.  Not sure why it ever got labeled as the GPU temp - most likely an expectation of the dev teams working on the Xbox during the original modding scene days as the CPU has one - but after further investigation knowing it was not the GPU's temp but never changed in some software stating what the temp actually was. It measures the ambient air temp inside the case near the nVidia MCPX.

X3 HDD Partition Use Settings

The item to Enable for HUGE HDD support in the X3 Config Live is found here:

Settings -> New Hard Drive Upgrade -> Use Saved Partition Table

It toggles between the values: Disabled and Enabled by pressing the (A) button.  Reboot to use the new setting.

To use a HUGE drive it has to be formatted and a partition table written with XBPartitioner v1.3.  F and G partitions, 6 and 7 respectively, up to 1TB each with 64KB cluster allocation in use.  Up to 512GB extended partitions using 32KB cluster allocation, or up to 256GB partitions using 16KB clusters.

XBPartitioner v1.3 writes a partition table to the Xbox's HDD (1st sector) to allow for HDDs that do not fit into the standard LBA48 setups.  Without enabling the Use Saved Partition Table, the X3 BIOS will use the LBA48 configuration set in the BIOS's configuration in X3CL found at

Settings -> New Hard Drive Upgrade -> Click Here To Set LBA48 Option

of either:

• Standard Partitions (Xbox Stock Drive)
  • F Drive gets everything - No G Drive, or
  • F Drive upto 137Gb - G Drive gets the rest

These won't work correctly for HDDs >1TB as the size of each extended partition maxes out at 1TB with the proper cluster size in use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don’t have my Xbox handy right now but I definitely remember Furious Karting not being extracted and having to transfer it across as an iso file. I’m away from my house right now for another week but when I get home I will get the xbox out again and try to knock up a list of all the games I transferred as iso.  @Uraeus @Methanoid

• Like 1