OGXbox.com

OXM Demo Archive/Dumps

OXM Demo Archive

On 3/16/2019 at 12:49 AM, Tony Kuberka said:

I just FTP'd my "xbox rip" of disc 38 from my pc to my f:/apps folder in my xbox and then launched it. it works great. These discs can be archived in an functional state for the xbox if theyre ripped properly, on an xbox, not a pc.

DISC 38 VERIFIED WORKING.

Can i get a second verification from somebody else on it.

yes, I can confirm it working on my 1ghz EU Xbox. Thank you.

ps. the only problem is video stuttering from trailers, possibly because of 1ghz CPU.
FIXED by patching the default.xbe of OXM38

Game demos are working fine.

ps2: buddy, please check if Conflict Vietnam demo works for you, it says dirty disc error for me.

Edited by neighbor

On 3/12/2019 at 3:36 AM, OXM Demo Archive said:

Hey everyone, this thread will be a list of the OXM Demos I've uploaded to my YouTube channel. I will also be eventually ripping the files from each demo disc and dumping them online for those who want them.

bud, if you don't have where to upload the OXMs, maybe would you start a torrent archive?

On 3/20/2019 at 5:51 AM, neighbor said:

bud, if you don't have where to upload the OXMs, maybe would you start a torrent archive?

If anyone can help me set that up then sure! I'm still waiting on a crossover cable to come in the mail so I can start dumping the demo discs, but once I get them on my computer I plan to put them on my  Google Drive. I've had bad experiences with torrents in the past so I get weary about using them.

18 minutes ago, OXM Demo Archive said:

If anyone can help me set that up then sure! I'm still waiting on a crossover cable to come in the mail so I can start dumping the demo discs, but once I get them on my computer I plan to put them on my  Google Drive. I've had bad experiences with torrents in the past so I get weary about using them.

sure, what help do you need?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello people! 
Someone have a dump of the disc #18? I want to take a look to the file default.xbe and some files of the wolfenstein demo, but the iso file from archive.org is not possible to open with available tools.

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, luxox said:

hello people! 
Someone have a dump of the disc #18? I want to take a look to the file default.xbe and some files of the wolfenstein demo, but the iso file from archive.org is not possible to open with available tools.

Thanks a lot!

Have you tried extracting files from it using XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 

If XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 doesn't work to extract the contents from the archive.org ISO, I can extract the files from my copy.

The disc, D, shows up as being 6,701MBs.  Maybe all Game discs do.  The maximum free-space remaining on the Xbox's DVD disc.

Update: 6,701MBs is the free space on the DVD disc.

However, it's odd that using UnleashX's File Explorer to select all the files/folders on the disc then using Calc. Used Space, the result is only 956.57MB.

Update: Not sure why I was so confused about the value displayed in the first place.

Update: Ah, the UnleashX dashboard's File Explorer's Top-Level Directory listing, the drive letter list, shows the free space on each device/drive.  If no disk is loaded in the DVD drive tray, nothing is displayed on the right-hand side of the listing pane for the D drive.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I found Archive.org's dumps are padded somehow.   I downloaded a dump, mounted it, copied it to an ISO, opened that in Xbox Image Browse and made a reasonable sized image to burn.   I guessed it was a raw dump of the complete disc with the DVD session.

Originally it came in over 5 gb and couldn't be browsed.   After my merry-go-round method it made an ISO of 4.3 ish and burned fine.   Playing the disc was fine as well.

I always found rips to be funny.   Even though the PC can't read the game data, you can still copy and burn it like normal.

I have a few XBM demo discs too and am eager to examine the multi menus system.   Much thanks for your work!