OGXbox.com

XBox Turn Off After Some Minutes

sidocious

Hi All,

First, my English is khm khm not too good, but I try to explain what is the case.

So, I have an Xbox Classic 1.0 which is always turn on when I connect the power cable. It is the first problem, but I can live with it (but if you have an idea why, I will say a big thanks for the answer).

Okay, I soldered an Aladdin XT Plus2 in it. It works well, but somehow, the Xbox turned off itself after some minutes. I checked the processors and its cooler and the processor wasn't too hot and cooler worked well. I try to find some other problem, like capacitors or wrong traces but I do not found anything.

Anyone has a good idea what can I do with it? :)

I'm near to kick out it from window ;)

Thank you in advance!

BR: Zsolt

It's most likely the clock cap.  Leaked electrolyte on the motherboard that has made its way to the bottom side of the motherboard and corroded the very thin Power and/or Eject control traces along the front edge of the printed circuit board.

433272512_PowerEjectRedGreenControlSignals.thumb.jpg.569c2a787795ede4055c1a0bdae84c32.jpg

The traces if broken need to be repaired or bypassed to reconnect the signal from just after the front panel connector to the System Management Controller a PIC processor on v1.0-1.5 consoles or Xyclops custom  chip on v1.6/1.6b.

pe_trace_10-11.jpg

pe_trace_12-15.jpg

pe_trace_16.jpg

Edited by KaosEngineer

7 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It's most likely the clock cap.  Leaked electrolyte on the motherboard that has made its way to the bottom side of the motherboard and corroded the very thin Power and/or Eject control traces along the front edge of the printed circuit board.

The traces if broken need to be repaired or bypassed to reconnect the signal from just after the front panel connector to the System Management Controller a PIC processor on v1.0-1.5 consoles or Xyclops custom  chip on v1.6/1.6b.

Thank you very much for you answer! I think it is for my first problem, right? I checked the tracec on the bottom side of motherboard, but I do not found any corroded traces or any other problem. Checked all capacitors on the motherboard with multimeter and there is no any issue with them.

But I will try this one. Than I have to find a solution just for the "turn off" problem ;) 

Edited by sidocious

• 4 weeks later...