OGXbox.com

Faster Way of Transferring Files?

anode

So I have about 1.5TB worth of files I need to transfer from my PC to my Xbox and it would take 35 hours, assuming the Xbox hits the full 100Mbit/s transfer speed. Is there a faster way to transfer files? Xplorer360 is the only tool that seems to see my drive, but of course it doesn't see the extended partitions that will be holding my files.

It's been like 13 years since I last touched xbox modding and I'm having a lot of fun!

Honestly, the fastest and easiest way ive found is to FTP using UnleashX. Its the only app that has allowed me to max out the FTP speeds. I could never get an of the pc apps to work properly so i gave up. 

I am almost through transferring the whole xbxo game collection to a 2TB drive... Im on the letter U so nearly there.... :P

Use a Crossover cable.

Transferring mutiple files:

FlashFXP or Filezilla and unleashx as dash..  open up for 8-10 simultaneously transfers in filezilla and also on unleashx side.

Transfering/extracting iso file:

Qwix 1.01 and unleashx as dash.

Fastest option for transfering/extracting iso file:

Avalaunch dashboard and Qwix 1.01

Both iso methods above will extract the file contents of the iso on the xbox.

Edited by RoofTop

20 minutes ago, anode said:

After several hours transferring in UnleashX the Xbox will shut off. Any ideas on why this is happening? The dashboard settings show the auto shutdown setting at 0. I set it to 9999 with no difference.

Go to the stock xbox dashboard and make sure the auto shutoff option isn't enabled. 

xplorer360 should see your extended partitions and allow you to transfer data to your drive. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dixie Normous said:

Go to the stock xbox dashboard and make sure the auto shutoff option isn't enabled. 

xplorer360 should see your extended partitions and allow you to transfer data to your drive. 

I'm on a TSOP flashed xbox and didn't have an MS dash installed. I installed 5960 and looks like it was enabled. I turned it off, we'll see if it fixes it. Thanks!

Xplorer360 sees 6 partitions:

Partition 0: X drive
Partition 1: Empty (I'm going to assume Y drive)
Partition 2: Z drive
Partition 3: C drive
Partition 4: E drive
Partition 5: Empty

27 minutes ago, stylax said:

i know it's been said, but your best bet is honestly using FTP. - as the OGXB has IDE interface on the hard drive, you're not going to see much more speed than  30/40mb/s anyways.

I think most people (including myself) are using SATA drives with SATA to IDE adapters, so plugging it into a PC directly would be considerably faster.