OGXbox.com

UnleashX Skin Most Identical To Msdash

filevans

There's also another contender, but I haven't an idea where to find it, maybe Kaos does. It's called GreenReloaded and it's a Green version of the default skin. It's not to the same grade of the two posted, but it's better (assuming you like the MS/look) then the stock blue and it keeps the Nickname visible. It is a stock skin with one of my first softmods, using SID511, but I can't figure out how or where the file's found; compared to my TSOP'd box which didn't come with that skin.

Edited by nerdbombing

i searched for a bit, how did you find that?? eagle eyes i guess.

Well, the file size is the same as what I have, and the xml looks identical, they're both V 1.0 ...But, the downloaded one keeps hanging when i try to load it, and locks up.

But now I tried the version I have, and it's locking up the show too....  Oh wait, not sure what's going on, but as soon as I opened some other random skin, they both started working correctly. As I was, carry on.

Good find Kaos, thanks. If i figure out how to post a pic, I'll try to share a screen shot of the GreenReloaded, but we'll see about that one.

greenreloaded.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 11:43 AM, 30021190 said:

Try this one it's a mix of Green/Green Reloaded and ShonkGreen.

Green Reloaded2.zip 294.43 kB · 3 downloads

Not bad, thanks.Here's a screen shot of what Green Reload2 looks like on my junk monitor with stock xbox video settings (your colors may differ). I think each version has it's pro's and con's, and none of them are quite the same as the MS dash. For example, the MS dash has a stationary "X gem", but all the home brews have rotating arms around the X gem. The MS dash also has glowing "buttons" to the left of the selection names, with little wires and finer details in the amount and opacity of layers in that area. Also in the main MS dash, there is no "B - Back" button shown, it only appears in sub menus. In the MS dash, the menu selections stay centered as the menu moves up or down with selections, whereas the home brews scroll through the menu's and rotate around the X gem differently.

So for those that say "Why aren't any of the home brew's not good enough?" I'm not taking a side, just pointing out the details, and some folks value those details more then others is all. For those that gripe "Why can't they just make a dash that's a true mimic of the MS?" I would say, and can only speculate, I assume assembling a dash in the first place is a skill with difficulty, let alone one that meets all the same details as the original which had teams and  money to develop , right?

I know that if someone has the time and skill to make a more accurate dash resembling the MS dash, I would be highly appreciative and would donate $5 (to put a value on it). Until then, my new choice is the True MS dash 2 Green.

temp.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

On 5/2/2020 at 3:42 AM, nerdbombing said:

Nice, thanks for the info. For those of you in my boat, and can't download the files here, try https://www.mediafire.com/file/svd7pkjci2aclbu/UnleashX_Skins-My_Top_10-KaosEngineer.rar/file

Thanks for the mirror (you can never have too many!)

Also, thanks for digging up the closest MSdash contenteders (that aren't UIX.)

• Thanks 1