OGXbox.com

XBox Alpha Development Kit Build Log

N64 freak

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/17/2017 at 11:51 AM, N64 freak said:

Still have 2 off these soundcards here and i'll gladly sell you one.

The soundcards are for sale for 45€ as completely assembled and tested cards. Just plug it in and your alpha has sound :)

Are you still able to make these? More importantly, would you send to Canada?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes i did, xboxsergeon helped me fix my kit. it turned out my first kit had a broken dvd drive and my second kit needs to be directly connected to a router for XBN to Work so i got an old router and connected between my dev kit and my computer and it worked fine, the router didnt need to even be connected to the internet.

Yes pleas let me know your progress, I'm having issues getting mine to work. Btw, when you put you 733mhz p3 slot 1 processor, did you have to set any jumpers or did it work imediately after connecting it to the motherboard? I bought a 733mhz processor upgrading my board from the 533eb processor it came with and when I connected it, I got no video. Did you have this issue?

I would have to look into it again but I think the jumper was for Pentium 2 FSB setting . If changing to a Pentium 3 it needed to be changed. I will look at my board and report the setting. VC820 

I have a 800 MHz P3 and a Nvidia GeForce 3 not the  Ti variant. The system posts fine but hangs on the blinking courser booting from DVD February 2001.

N64 freak notes some causes in Troubleshooting. I lost a good post on the PCI slot configuration from assemblergamers. I'm still trying to find it again.

After a lot of searching found the known good slot configurations.

https://xboxdevwiki.net/Development_Kits#Posible_solutions_on_fixing_a_.28franken.29_alpha.282.29

Also a link on BIOS flashing for the GeForce 3 /Page 5

https://assemblergames.org/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=59747&hilit=Franken+Alpha&start=40

I believe card revision A03 and above is needed on retail cards and most of the Ti variants shipped with the update. 

Thank you for the links, I dont think the top link will be much use at the moment since i cant get a video signal to view any  of the error codes. As for the bottom link, some of the posts were made by CodeASM and he is helping me fix my alpha so anything he wrote I can get directly from him if he seems it necessary to my issues.

Thanks for your help anyway.

17 hours ago, slycooper124 said:

There is a compatability list but I think there is like 5 total that are perfectly functional where there are 20 that work poorly and another 30 that dont work at all. If you want I can send you the link.

that would be nice :)

i think if it was possible to fit geforce 4 ti 4200 then it would be compatibile with all the games, since that gpu is almost the same as nv20A in retail xbox