OGXbox.com

Hello Everybody!

Hello there! My name is Ray, also known as “OXM Demo Archive”. For the past few years I’ve been archiving demos that came with the Official Xbox Magazine on my Youtube channel. This is something I’ve been doing in my spare time, and ever since I posted my first video my YouTube channel has been slowly growing, with a few new subscribers every month or so. Recently, a user on YouTube by the name “Sick Vegan” suggested I join this forum and said there was interests in what I’ve shown off in my videos. I’m always looking for other people with a similar interests for not just Xbox Demos, but the original Xbox itself, and this seems like the perfect place to find it! 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, bluemeanie23 said:

welcome oxm 

im currently waiting on this lot of  25+ demos to arrive hopefully there might be one or 2 that your missing from the collection

Screenshot_20190309-022129_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190309-022136_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190309-022145_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190309-022158_eBay.jpg

I used to try and collect the Xbox 360 demo discs but I much prefer the ones for the Original Xbox. I do know that some demo disc have both Original and 360 demos on them, though I'm more focused on archiving ones for the original Xbox.

1 hour ago, neighbor said:

there are, one of them is Lamborghini game.

Which disc is it on?  I have many of them they start at disc #5 though missed the first 4 and have most up to the ogXbox/360 dual system coverage. I do have some more gaps of several missing discs not sure why as I subscribed to the magazine at that time too.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which disc is it on?  I have many of them they start at disc #5 though missed the first 4 and have most up to the ogXbox/360 dual system coverage. I do have some more gaps of several missing discs not sure why as I subscribed to the magazine at that time too.

not sure, but I know the disc contents are described on redump site.

Was hoping you knew so I didn't want to have to go looking through them all to find it.  

These sites mention the game:

https://www.lostmediawiki.com/Lamborghini_(cancelled_Xbox/PS2_racing_game;_2003)

https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/15/lamborghini-xboxps2-cancelled

http://www.sixthgengaming.com/forum/general/games/xbox-original/offline-games/l-aa/771-lamborghini-demo-game-was-never-released (this page is no longer accessible)

They state that the assets of the game were sold and reused in the racing game Juiced by Juiced Games started by some of the defunct Rage, original developers, software employees.

Update: The Wikipedia.org entry for the game says the demo was on the March 2003 German OXM disc.  Other sites also state its on the UK disc too.  Not sure about US though, I'll have to check.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 8:05 AM, brandvegn said:

Are there any demo disks that had pre-released content that never made it to the finished games?

After I finish archiving all the demos for the Original Xbox, I'm gonna make two separate videos. One is gonna be based off unreleased/Cancelled content, and the other is gonna discuss Beta content. In the mean time, i do know that the demo disc have a lot of trailer content for the unreleased game BC . If you want I can link you the videos (with timestamps) of the content from the discs that I have uploaded so far.

• Like 1

Isn't the OXM #1 disc's contents videos only, there were no Xbox executables?  

Load the disc into the Xbox and check the file manager listing for it.  It may be a standard video DVD if it only lists VIDEO_TS folder with many dot VOB, BUP, and IFO files inside.  There may also be a root folder named AUDIO_TS.

Edited by KaosEngineer

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Isn't the OXM #1 disc's contents videos only, there were no Xbox executables?  

Load the disc into the Xbox and check the file manager listing for it.  It may be a standard video DVD if it only lists VIDEO_TS folder with many dot VOB, BUP, and IFO files inside.  There may also be a root folder named AUDIO_TS.

Here you go, I'm gonna be trying to update this frequently.

• Like 1