OGXbox.com

Atx Psu To XBox Adapter

N64 freak

Finally found the time to test the Adapter PCBs i built to use an ATX Psu to power an Xbox.

They are plug and play to easily switch between the original psu and an atx-psu.Might be usable for casemods or laptop builds.

The adapter is built around the following basic schematic.

AXTToXboxPowerSupplyConverterBoard.jpg.7c0aeec4c1b3e5ea093af341ac640fb4.jpg

It properly convert the Standby voltage from 5v to 3,3v and also shifts the power_ok and power_good signals to the correct levels.

Also built a small version that can be used to build an extension cord style adapter to save some more space.

Just let me know if you have any questions about them :)

IMG_6812.JPG

IMG_6813.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just an hobbyist who likes the xbox :)

The infos for the atx adapter have been around for quite some time! Sickmods once sold similar adapters but there shop is closed so i couldn't buy one. 

Inspired by there design i drew up the shematic and layout around parts i already had here.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

@Crazyembereks If you want one just PM me! They are for sale just haven't posted them in my for sale section. You just need to let me know which revision xbox you got!

This Adapter and the Xbox in general isn't too picky about the ATX PSU as the xbox doesn't draw more power than any pc. Any ATX PSU even the smaller ones for office PCs should be sufficient.

The minimum specs are: (Taken from a 240v V1.4 Foxlink PSU)

96Watt power output

+5V with a rating off 13.2A

+12V with a rating off 1.2A

+3.3V with a rating off 4.8A

+3.3VSB with a rating off 0.045A

If you are unsure if your PSU is sufficent just let me know the brand and model so i can take a look at it!

For the 3.3vsb you are looking at 5Vsb on the ATX psu the adapter does do the conversion to a 3.3Vsb voltage! So don't get confused you won't find 3.3vsb on an ATX PSU :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@daniel Yes it gets the job done. BUT have you ever heard of something called bad engineering?

Diodes aren't the way to reduce the voltage. Yes the do drop the voltage about the same amount you would need but they don't allways have a guaranteed voltage drop and can differ form one to another diode. If you already build this up why not do it the correct way?

@All if you build up such an adapter please don't go the cheapo route and use diodes. This simply is not a good way to do it even if it works.

@Michael McBride Yes this adapter can be used in combination with a PicoPSU or any other ATX PSU.

But one thing about the Pico PSUs. and other psus. Check how many amps the PSU can supply. The PicoPsus are a bit weak on the 5v rail for the xbox!

Other than that plug in the adpter and an ATX psu and it works just like the retail psu.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2017 at 7:23 AM, cOrPsE said:

def would be awesome for putting an xbox into a pc case, nice work

xbox motherboard in a pc case you say. BAM...

fTWsWlp.jpg

N64 Freak Got your adapters yesterday. I'm putting them together today. They're gonna go in my two xbox PCs.

HINT: Anyone wanting to put a xbox motherboard in a PC Case to: make the job easy you need to:

1. Make a MicroATX size (244mm x 244mm) adapter Plate that has both the PC motherboard standoff holes and the xbox motherboard standoff holes.

2. Position the Ethernet port directly behind the 2nd PCI slot down.

I'm currently doing up a build log over on imgur you can find it here..

Edited by finalman
addition
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 01.08.2017 at 11:48 AM, N64 freak said:

Наконец, нашли время протестировать платы адаптера, которые я построил для использования ATX Psu для питания Xbox.

Они подключаются и воспроизводятся, чтобы легко переключаться между оригинальным psu и atx-psu. Могут использоваться для сборки casemods или ноутбуков.

Адаптер построен вокруг следующей базовой схемы.

AXTToXboxPowerSupplyConverterBoard.jpg.7c0aeec4c1b3e5ea093af341ac640fb4.jpg

Он правильно преобразует напряжение в режиме ожидания от 5 В до 3,3 В, а также переключает сигналы power_ok и power_good на правильные уровни.

Также построена небольшая версия, которая может быть использована для создания адаптера стиля удлинителя, чтобы сэкономить больше места.

Просто дайте мне знать, если у вас есть вопросы о них :)

IMG_6812.JPG

IMG_6813.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

Hello! great work.
Can you share the layouts of the boards?

09.02.2018 в 12:18, N64 Freak сказал:

Привет @ Борис Высоцкий ,

Если вы хотите, чтобы пара с этими адаптерами или голыми доски просто бросила мне PM.

Shematic для них находится в первом посте, поэтому вы можете легко создать свой собственный макет.

Я пытался создать свой собственный макет. и не удалось

Edited by Boris Vysotsky

On 09.02.2018 at 12:18 PM, N64 freak said:

Привет @ Борис Высоцкий ,

если вы хотите, чтобы пара с этих адаптеров или голые доски просто бросила мне PM.

Shematic для них находится в первом посте, поэтому вы можете легко создать свой собственный макет.

I need a list of components
and the method of connection (there are photos of ready-made examples)
I apologize for the translation of the text (translate.google.)

777.thumb.JPG.35a52eeed971524cb4f163987b78827a.JPG

Edited by Boris Vysotsky

• 2 weeks later...

77777677.thumb.png.023f91716759bf48f88ae55652691d5c.png

Viewing dozens of forums, only the scheme is available, but the layout of the finished board, alas, no.
if there is a layout of the finished board and a description of its components
and installation methods
all the information was http://forums.sickmods.net/ but he died
If there are kind people ready to share knowledge I will be glad

269834229.jpg.7049c121d2522bc5a1e500271fa5d41d.jpg

xboxslimdetails.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/21/2018 at 8:32 AM, Boris Vysotsky said:

77777677.thumb.png.023f91716759bf48f88ae55652691d5c.png

Viewing dozens of forums, only the scheme is available, but the layout of the finished board, alas, no.
if there is a layout of the finished board and a description of its components
and installation methods
all the information was http://forums.sickmods.net/ but he died
If there are kind people ready to share knowledge I will be glad

269834229.jpg.7049c121d2522bc5a1e500271fa5d41d.jpg

xboxslimdetails.jpg

This is something we should all shoot for. A super small build. that would go well next to an XBOX ONE S. Now that would be a killer setup. Is there a Forum topic related to redoing a super small slim build? If not let's start one. 

In all the threads I've seen, the people behind those super small builds would remove filter capacitors to reduce the draw on the 5v rail for the small PSUs to work. But they never gave an account of how the xbox behaves with those capacitors gone. That lack of info has kept me doubting the feasibility of a super small build.

• 2 months later...