OGXbox.com

XIso - Playing Games From Xbox Hdd Using Iso Images.

RoofTop

3 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

HOLY SHIT!!!!! IT WORKS!!! Thanks Rocky5 for all the help :)

I tried HP Prison of Azkaban and Furious Karting. Also it works when booting into my usual X3 bios too.

Works booting the X3 BIOS since it actually replaces the BIOS running in memory with a compatible BFM (Boot From Media) BIOS (most likely M8plus BFM version) and patches it to work with the NKPatcher attach app.

Check the kernel version with your dashboard. 

Edited by KaosEngineer

8 minutes ago, RoofTop said:

What about ind bios 5004 ? Would it work wtih BFM ?

It works with any hacked BIOS you boot.  It loads the BFM BIOS which replaces any hacked BIOS you boot and patches this new BIOS to work with the attach app.

Update: After you load the Virtual Disk BIOS patcher app., any special button combos available with the iND-BiOS 5004 will no longer work as you are no longer running that BIOS   Only those supported by the new BFM BIOS like IGR will work..

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

This does seem like a lot of work for no real payoff.

It seems like way more work than it really is, it’s actually pretty simple. There are a couple payoffs, however:

1) due to the cluster size of drives being used and how the Xbox handles, anything under that cluster size still takes up the amount of the cluster size. Say you have a 2TB drive; you have to have 64k clusters here. Every single time you write a game file to the drive it’s going to take 64KB, or whatever the actual size of the file is if it’s more than that. Doesn’t sound like much but games can have hundreds or thousands of tiny files and it adds up. 

Also some games don’t play from the HDD at all due to file names that’s are too long or specifically reference files in the disc drive. IMO, it’s easier to run them as ISO than bother setting up the patches or finding them for that matter. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, [email protected] said:

This does seem like a lot of work for no real payoff.

I have the entire xbox game collection on a 2tb hdd and i have used exactly the method described above to install and play a lot of those games. Mainly the ones that dont work when extracted and ones that have 100's or 1000's of small files. It takes a lttle time and work to get it set up but once its done its all gravy :)

• 1 month later...

Get Qwix v1.01 on the PC side then start UnleashX on the Xbox side.  Use Qwix to transfer ISO files over to the Xbox and it will store the game in "folder mode".  Qwix is clever that way. :)

Furthermore, you can also use Qwix to extract a iso on your PC to "folder mode".  After that you can use any FTP program you like to transfer the extracted iso.   

But to save time and space on your PC, I highly recommend Qwix <-- to --> UnleashX Dashboard transfer.  Throw in a crossover cable as well, and you get maximum speed for your transfers... 11 mbps..

Edited by RoofTop

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I realize I will sound dumb, but the link @Rocky5 posted is dead, and I've literally spent 2 days trying now to play Gladius that I downloaded from archive.org, but I'm getting nowhere. I got this xbox from a friend, and I think it is hard modded as it has some device at the back. When I start it is is saying Evolution with an X behind it. The game I downloaded won't open with any xbox iso reader etc. And I have since downloaded a lot of those tools, and also tried with both the US and EU version of Gladius, but nothing works.

Please note that I am completely new at this, I did download Filezilla, and some mounting tools, but all I see in the game is a video_ts file.

Can someone please help?

If you "find" an Xbox ISO file that does not work with anything, it's most likely a "Raw Dump" or "ReDump-style dual layer rip" meant for use with a modded Xbox 360, the ISO needs to be converted from "Raw Dump" to "XISO", you need to use something like the program "XDVDMulleter" to convert the ISO, Google searching with something like "XDVDMulleter ReDump XISO" will lead you to some Reddit posts that might help.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2020 at 4:59 PM, william1384 said:

If you "find" an Xbox ISO file that does not work with anything, it's most likely a "Raw Dump" or "ReDump-style dual layer rip" meant for use with a modded Xbox 360, the ISO needs to be converted from "Raw Dump" to "XISO", you need to use something like the program "XDVDMulleter" to convert the ISO, Google searching with something like "XDVDMulleter ReDump XISO" will lead you to some Reddit posts that might help.

Or if you are into commandline tools use DD to split the raw dump.

dd if=game.iso of=data.iso skip=387k bs=1k

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:28 AM, Natetronn said:

Ok after reading this a few times I tried to launch myself an ISO file, but I can't seem to get it to work...

I have "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher" in "C:\"

I have "Bios Virtual Disc Patcher Loader" in "E:\Apps"

I have "reboot xbe"  in "E:\Apps"

I have an Executer 2 Pro, flashed with Evox M8 Plus

When C:\Bios Virtual Disc Patcher\default.xbe is loaded the Eject LED turns orange

Now what file do I need to put along side the ISO file?

I tried several but after reading again I can't seem to find XISO to HDD script.

I tried different ISO's DVD2XBOX but also ISO's created with the command line extract-iso tool.

any help would be very much appreciated 

You need the attach app, attach.xbe, from NKPatcher's driveimageutils-v1.0.1.zip (attached below). You rename the attach.xbe file to default.xbe and place a copy of it in the subfolder with the dot iso file.  You also need to edit the internal XBE Title of that default.xbe file for the item to appear with the name you want displayed in the Games menu.  The folder name the files in has nothing to do with the name displayed in the menu. It's the TItle stored inside the default.xbe file that is used to populate the text of the menu. 

Use UnleashX's File Explorer's select menu option Rename XBE TItle to do so.  Browse to the copy of the attach apps copy named default.xbe so the filename is highlighted in the explorer window then press the Start or White button for the Select menu to appear.  D-pad up to Rename XBE TItle and press A.  Use the onscreen keyboard to edit the name and save the new XBE Title.

See: https://imgur.com/9CbLEtL

Reboot or refresh the top-level Games menu (Press Start, use the D-pad to highlight Refresh List... then press A.)

Edit: the attach.xbe file is small, 6.76KBs, so I've attached it.  There are more tools in the driveimageutils archive linked above so you may want to download it.

attach.xbe MD5 Hash: E658735E0A533D2A9F5DFB60B8334FC7

attach.xbe

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

You need the attach app, attach.xbe, from NKPatcher's driveimageutils-v1.0.1.zip (attached below). You rename the attach.xbe file to default.xbe and place a copy of it in the subfolder with the dot iso file.  You also need to edit the internal XBE Title of that default.xbe file for the item to appear with the name you want displayed in the Games menu.  The folder name the files in has nothing to do with the name displayed in the menu. It's the TItle stored inside the default.xbe file that is used to populate the text of the menu. 

Use UnleashX's File Explorer's select menu option Rename XBE TItle to do so.  Browse to the copy of the attach apps copy named default.xbe so the filename is highlighted in the explorer window then press the Start or White button for the Select menu to appear.  D-pad up to Rename XBE TItle and press A.  Use the onscreen keyboard to edit the name and save the new XBE Title.

See: https://imgur.com/9CbLEtL

Reboot or refresh the top-level Games menu (Press Start, use the D-pad to highlight Refresh List... then press A.)

Edit: the attach.xbe file is small, 6.76KBs, so I've attached it.  There are more tools in the driveimageutils archive linked above so you may want to download it.

attach.xbe MD5 Hash: E658735E0A533D2A9F5DFB60B8334FC7

attach.xbe 6.76 kB · 0 downloads

Perfect! It now loads the iso :) Am I correct that this does not support multi-part iso's? Is there a way to set auto-run-dvd-game in unleashX?

The attach app can mount mutli-part iso images.  I've never had to use it to do so. 

The disc images it supports are XISO format, not archival Redump-certified dual-layer disc images.

You can rip a game with DVD2Xbox to ISO format.  If it requires a file larger than 4GBs - FATX max file size limitation - for the ripped dot iso, it will create mutliple files that the attach app will mount as one large disc image. 

To the Xbox, It looks like the real game disc is loaded in the DVD drive.

There's also an isoripper app included in the driveimageutils archive.

Is there a way to set auto-run-dvd-game in unleashX?

Check UnleashX's System > Settings > AutoLaunch Settings.

6 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The disc images it supports are XISO format, not archival Redump-certified dual-layer disc images.

I'm aware of this and because of this I wrote a small program to convert the ReDump iso's to Xiso. These iso's work fine.

I used DVD2XBOX to rip Ninja Gaiden to ISO and it saved it in two parts. This iso doesn't seem to work/load. that's why I asked :) I'll try to rip another big game with DVD2XBOX and the ISORIPPER provided in the driveimageutils archive. Good to know it should support multi part iso's.

Check UnleashX's System > Settings > AutoLaunch Settings.

Thanks missed that...

• Like 1

You are talking about two different types of ISO files.  There are Redump certified dual-layer DVD archival dumps that are an exact duplicate of all data and filler on the two layers of the original game disc media and XISO disc images which only contain the game's file set - the XDVDFS portion of the original game disc (a small portion of the ReDump disc images). The XISO disc images do not contain all the filler and video partition of an original game disc. 

Both use dot iso for their file extension but they are two completely different types of disc images.

• 4 weeks later...