OGXbox.com

Lba48 250gb Hard Drive Issue

Lee Dawson

Ive just upgraded a hard drive to a 250gb from a 8gb in a chipped xbox which has xecuter2 chip installed. but after usung xbpartitioner 1.3 off the hexen disc. I set f::\ partion to use remaning free space..All seems well., even in the hexen main menu it shows that f:\ partition is 240gb. But when i restart xbox in the unleashX dash it only shows 120gb. so show i load xbpartitioner off the hard drive and it show me a error message "LBA48 Info not found!  custom partitions will not work with this bios" etc.

So now i try creating 2 partions f:\ for 120gb and g:\ 120gb. but again only f:\ shows up with 120gb.

do i need to some how update xecuter2 chip or would i be better removing the chip and tsopping the console?

thanks

At the top of XBPartitioner v1.3, the LBA48 patch version will be printed.  What version is it?

What kernel version are you running? 

Press the Y button at UnleashX's menu to display the System Info page.  Scroll down to find the Kernel Version.

5c69a7f896880_UnleashXSystemInfoPage-KernelVersion.png.dff9ead1883fd43f52d8eb5541817417.png

The BIOS will need to be updated. 

A version compatible with your motherboard version will need to be used.  There are v1.0-1.5 and 1.6/1.6(b) versions.

The latest Xecuter BIOSes for X2 modchips are X2 5035 (512KB) or X2 4981.67 or X2 4983.67.  There are other dev team BIOS's that you can use as well.  Evolution-X's M8plus for all motherboard versions are available or iND-BiOS 5003 or 5004 for v1.0-1.5 MBs.

Edited by KaosEngineer

I don't think the X2 4974 actually has any LBA48 patch installed or can have for that matter.  You'll need to reflash your modchip with a newer BIOS that does.

X2 5035, X2 4981, X2 4983, Evox M8plus, iND-BiOS 5003 or iND-BiOS Beta (aka 5004).  Any BIOS that has a .67 and .06 version use the .67 version even if you plan to use only partition 6.

Edited by KaosEngineer