OGXbox.com

Hdd Swap - Questions/Recommendations

BulletWasp

So now that I have got my new Dashboard running and have my games ready, it's time to start getting the stuff for the HDD swap. I am going to get a StarTech IDE2SAT2 adapter, but I know that the Xbox can be picky with what SATA drives it will work with. I was thinking of going with a WesternDigital Black or SeaGate. but what are the drives that people have the most success with? Also, in regards to size, are 3.5" drives a pain to fit inside the console? Or would it just save a lot of headache going with a 2.5" drive?

Also, I'm a little confused on what steps I need to take to get it all set up once I have the HDD and the adapter. Do I need a boot disk as well? And Chimp clones the existing drive while XBPartitioner will format the new drive?

I found this guide at XBMC4Xbox, but its about 7 years old so I am not sure if any of the information is outdated or has changed with new methods: https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=649&hilit=2tb 

• 2 weeks later...