OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers Ready To Install

Viggen66

Dear All,

Does any of you has already an XBMC4Gamers ready to be ftp to the console, I have tried XBMC4XBOX-33032 which is the latest version of XBMC together with the XBMC4Kids patch, don't if I should call it a patch, FTP it and got lots of errors, is there already a standalone XBMC4Gamers ready to be FTP without the ArtWork etc, like a small package which we can add artwork as we add our collection.

Thanks

Yes, Googlei is your friend. It's on Rocky5s GitHub. It's come a long way since you were looking at it I think.  Download the prebuilt. Do not build yourself. 

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers/blob/master/README.md

Here's some instructions.

(This is also valid for xbmc-emustation)

So to set it all up FTP the pre built xbmc4gamers folder to the root of E. Don't build it yourself, that's only really for expert users that want to change source and recompile. Have all your xbox games in F/Games and/or G/Games. That's where the artwork install script looks for games. Press the black button and go to settings and downloader, you might need to update the downloader under the update tab. Run the cache formatter from the downloader first  (good practice). Download the artwork installer. You'll need 500mb free on E for it to download and extract. Go to skin settings and run the artwork installer script. Let it overwrite existing artwork when asked. The first time the dash boots it could take about 5 minutes or more to scan your games in, this only happens the first time. It's not frozen so just leave it.

If you want to make it your default dash (Hard mod/TSOP):

Use John Conns dashloader. Take this default.xbe and name it evoxdash.xbe and replace your existing evoxdash.xbe on the root of C. I suggest naming your existing to something else to back it up just in case and then delete after you get xbmc4gamers to boot. 

https://github.com/Rocky5/Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/raw/master/C Partition/nkpatcher/dashloader/default.xbe

Bear in mind that any game with the same default.xbe will get the same artwork. So go through your games and make sure they are all good. This happens with some games that are usually special editions and people just dump a load of games from a big download on. Need for speed underground and underground black edition, midnight club dub edition and dub edition remix are two examples. These are the same game so you would not need both anyway but they would take the same art. You can manually fix any of these by navigating to xbmc4gamers/system/ scripts/Xbox artwork installer via file explorer on the left side and on the right side of file explorer navigate to the game with incorrect artwork and copy the right one over. All artwork is downloaded to that path. 

Also check out the artwork link on the he GitHub. It has emulator artwork and some special edition Xbox game covers. Steel books etc. Jade empire alt cover is nice. 

Edited by Cian Cunningham
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Cian,

It was precisely this what I was looking for, also the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe to make default dashboard boot as replace the pre installed one,

Btw is there a way to uninstall Evoxdash board is really is a useless dashboard laying on the C.

Thought that XBMC4Gamers needed to be installed on E:\App on not on the root of the system, alright easy tutorial.

Edited by Viggen66

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jolly62 said:

My E: drive has only 4 GB of space, can I install XBMC4GAMERS in root of F: or G: instead?

There are lots of features/files that you can download right from in the XBMC4Gamers dashboard and the artwork download alone is huge.  Definitely install the dashboard onto the F (or G).  (Though I do use F for the main dashboard, I also add a small dash (i.e. UnleashX) onto my C for redundancy.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, jolly62 said:

My E: drive has only 4 GB of space, can I install XBMC4GAMERS in root of F: or G: instead?

From what i've read, it's best to leave the XBMC-Emustation on the E: drive and the artwork, roms and media files on F: or G:. 

Something about the emulators running better of the E: drive then F:

• 8 months later...

So, I'm thinking about giving this a try too.  I have a TSOP mod, xbox v1.0, x2.5035 f and G bios.  I have a couple questions.  I assume I can FTP XBMC4Gamers to the root of E and run it, try it out from there, then make it a default dash later if I choose, using the renamed default.xbe mentioned earlier in the thread, right?

I have all my xbox games currently on F/Games.  I also have a few emulators and CoinOps 7 Massive on F/emus.   What could i do with the emulators and CoinOps in XBMC4Gamers?  And, if I choose to make it the default dash, how could I run UnleashX if I wanted to once in a while?

So, I went ahead and did it.  Man! What an amazing interface....  Rocky5 is the man!  

I made it my boot dash, now I want to know how to make an access for running UnleashX if I ever want to. Is that as simple as creating an “UnleashX” folder in E/Apps, copying my original evoxdash.xbe into it and renaming it default.xbe?

And if I want to be able to leave CoinOps via “Dashboard” in the menu, can I just do the same thing with my “new” evoxdash.xbe, by copying it to /emus/coinops7/dashboard/

Edited by Swirlygiver

I’m still hoping someone will answer if that will work. 

I have a few other questions too. It’s my understanding that 2TB is as big as I can go in an Xbox. Since I am at 2TB, is there any reason to leave xb partitioner and configmagic on the hd?

I did a TSOP and a fresh install to a new hd with HeXEn. Now that I installled xbmc4gamers, do I now have two separate instances of dvd2xbox?  And can I get rid of one (probably the one from HeXEn)?  I’d like to know what I need and what I don’t from the HeXEn install. Like the EvoX dash I’ll never use. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone beside me experiencing issues when installing the Fanart pack?

Each time I try, the download takes forever and once finished freezes while extracting...

One time extraction started successful but I needed to shutdown the Xbox, so maybe this messed sth up?

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:25 AM, Swirlygiver said:

I made it my boot dash, now I want to know how to make an access for running UnleashX if I ever want to. Is that as simple as creating an “UnleashX” folder in E/Apps, copying my original evoxdash.xbe into it and renaming it default.xbe?

late reply but yes that will work

• 7 months later...

An XBox 1.6 dosn't has a TSOP. How ever, both are 256kb bios files. Problem, you has flashed an XBox 1.2 - 1.5 bios to to your Aladdin. You could recorver the SST if you have a flasher or a second XBox which also has an Aladdin. Then you could perform a hotflash and put an 1.6 bios on the SST even you hotflash it on an 1.2 (for example). After the hotflash remove the SST without tuning on the XBox an put it back in yur 1.6. Problem solved.

Next time, ASK if you are unsure! And some other point. I'm pretty sure you used my DVD. There are "Information" links everywhere. Why don't you read them?

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

3 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

An XBox 1.6 dosn't has a TSOP. How ever, both are 256kb bios files. Problem, you has flashed an XBox 1.2 - 1.5 bios to to your Aladdin. You could recorver the SST if you have a flasher or a second XBox which also has an Aladdin. Then you could perform a hotflash and put an 1.6 bios on the SST even you hotflash it on an 1.2 (for example). After the hotflash remove the SST without tuning on the XBox an put it back in yur 1.6. Problem solved.

Next time, ASK if you are unsure! And some other point. I'm pretty sure you used my DVD. There are "Information" links everywhere. Why don't you read them?

It works now again if i put in the old harddrive. But If I put in the new harddrive bios just shows up and nothing happens.  I installed xbmc4xbox as dashboard. hd key problem? doesnt it fix it automatically?

When you XBox 1.6 boots with an 1.2 Bios just because you hase changed the HDD something different is wrong. Go and flash an EvoX m8 1.6 bios to your chip.  There is one which boots XBMC4Gamers. AND there is also NO iND bios for an 1.6.

NEXT TIME ASK BEFORE YOU DO SHIT ! And yea, sry for the caps but for real, 1) Winbond TSOP 2). iND Bios on an 1.6... I'm speachless, for real.

2 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

When you XBox 1.6 boots with an 1.2 Bios just because you hase changed the HDD something different is wrong. Go and flash an EvoX m8 1.6 bios to your chip.  There is one which boots XBMC4Gamers. AND there is also NO iND bios for an 1.6.

NEXT TIME ASK BEFORE YOU DO SHIT ! And yea, sry for the caps but for real, 1) Winbond TSOP 2). iND Bios on an 1.6... I'm speachless, for real.

yea, but the xbox boots up and works if I put in the old harddrive. I installed xbox4gamers as dashboard and set up the new hd at the start. but i think the xbox is stuck with the old hd harddrive serial right?