OGXbox.com

Wii2hdmi On Xbox

ironsniper1

7 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

@Nextria, when you remove both audio wires altogether, do  you hear the same problem or does it go away?  Also, clean up that area on the board with isopropyl alcohol.  It will be easier for my old eyes to see and it might actually clear up a problem.

@TEK NemesisI removed both the audio wires and don’t hear it anymore. 

Could it be that the points I solder the audio to are damaged, in the picture I already cleaned with alcohol 😓 i think with the soldering I damaged the green from the board a little bit. 

I bought a desoldergun and it think I should not put it on the board directly 

thank you for all the help 

9 hours ago, Nextria said:

Could it be that the points I solder the audio to are damaged, in the picture I already cleaned with alcohol 😓 i think with the soldering I damaged the green from the board a little bit.

To me, it looks like there is solder splatter all over the Xbox board.  Some of the insulation on those wires look all melted.  I would recommend desoldering the Xbox side, clean it up.  Inspect the board.  Trim the wires and strip the required insulation.  Re-solder. 

Edited by TEK Nemesis
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

To me, it looks like there is solder splatter all over the Xbox board.  Some of the insulation on those wires look all melted.  I would recommend desoldering the Xbox side, clean it up.  Inspect the board.  Trim the wires and strip the required insulation.  Re-solder. 

Is there a particular gauge or cable you should use for this mod?

14 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I cleaned the board up, and found two other via's on the bottom side of the board, I soldered them in, and still the same.
To be honest I don't have the best of luck with the adapters, I my last board (1.6) and used a pound cable I bought some months ago.

Everything is working now, maybe I will me making some adapters like the pound, with the WII2HDMI.

thanks @TEK Nemesis

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 10:35 AM, Ging3rguy said:

Is there a particular gauge or cable you should use for this mod?

I prefer using 26AWG for all my stuff when possible.  I also use individually shielded 26AWG which has been producing very good results. 

I'm making some really cool external Xbox2HDMI adapters with the added TOSLINK or digital coaxial audio ports. 

Check out my post here:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=130654188157806&id=100036396753085

36 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I prefer using 26AWG for all my stuff when possible.  I also use individually shielded 26AWG which has been producing very good results. 

I'm making some really cool external Xbox2HDMI adapters with the added TOSLINK or digital coaxial audio ports. 

Check out my post here:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=130654188157806&id=100036396753085

Do you think Nextria's sound issues could be sorted with shielded cable?

59 minutes ago, Ging3rguy said:

Do you think Nextria's sound issues could be sorted with shielded cable? 

I would look all over the AVIP connector region on the board.  Clean it up and start over, maybe even with another wii2hdmi board.  To be that extreme of a sound problem, something must by shorted or a wire going to the wrong point. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to solder mine internally and I'm getting video and sound but the video has diagonal lines and a slight pink-purple tint.

I have soldered and re-soldered the connections. I changed the WiitoHdmi board to a different one same problem. I tried the a/v port with a component cable and get the same issue IF the WiitoHdmi board is connected. If I Disconnect the wires from the motherboard picture is good.  I noticed others seemed to be having a similar problem with interference. The wires i used are 30 gauge and are somewhere around 6" in length.

So my questions are these: 1.  Is the diagram of the XBox mb  diagram pin-outs correct? 2. Do I need to connect more ground wires?,  or 3.  Is it the WiitoHDMI adapter? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey Everyone, Been Following the Forums For Quite some Time But not really Posted as all the imformation was easily found with a little search. First let me Say thanks for all the help within the Forums already. 

That Being said. I today have completed the Wii2Hdmi Mod Internaly and all is Working fine as of testing before reassembling. The only issues is Even after setting the Xbox System Settings to allow 720 it still does not ouput on that resolution. Is this To do with the Video Mode that i have selected? I have opted for the Internal mod without removing the D-port and Soldered on the Pinouts on the Bottom of D-port, My Current Video Mode is 11-13-Ground and Does output video feed to the Tv. But it feels like a waste of time modyfing the case to house the extra components if the Unit wont Output in 720p HD. Am i missing Something? Im no stranger to the Tech World or the Xbox Modding scene and have been around since around 2008. But i cant Wrap my head around it. Maybe im Just Overlooking Something But if Anyone Could point me in the rite Direction i would really appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance 

Morris

6 hours ago, Morris028 said:

Hey Everyone, Been Following the Forums For Quite some Time But not really Posted as all the imformation was easily found with a little search. First let me Say thanks for all the help within the Forums already. 

That Being said. I today have completed the Wii2Hdmi Mod Internaly and all is Working fine as of testing before reassembling. The only issues is Even after setting the Xbox System Settings to allow 720 it still does not ouput on that resolution. Is this To do with the Video Mode that i have selected? I have opted for the Internal mod without removing the D-port and Soldered on the Pinouts on the Bottom of D-port, My Current Video Mode is 11-13-Ground and Does output video feed to the Tv. But it feels like a waste of time modyfing the case to house the extra components if the Unit wont Output in 720p HD. Am i missing Something? Im no stranger to the Tech World or the Xbox Modding scene and have been around since around 2008. But i cant Wrap my head around it. Maybe im Just Overlooking Something But if Anyone Could point me in the rite Direction i would really appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance 

Morris

Have you set the Xbox to NTSC and enabled 480, 720?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

48 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Have you set the Xbox to NTSC and enabled 480, 720?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hey SS Dave.

Thanks for the Fast responce. It has Since posting earlia, started resoluting at the right Settings

Would it be better to switch To NTSC via The Video Enigma Switcher Homebrew app i think it is? I enabled the 480 , 720 and NTSC M Modes via the UnleashX Dashboard Settings Tab. 

I have a Question about 1080 though if you Could help clear things up.

I read from a Post from yourself, in another section of the forums that 1080 is very Resource Draining of the Box. Some Original Xbox Games are listed to Play at 1080 Would they still resolute And Play Fine or isnt it Worth the Hassle?. 

Thanks in advance 

Morris

The Video settings need to be changed in the EEprom (hardware) so use the enigma switcher, Changing in the dash is a software change

As there is a limited number of 1080 games it is not really worth is s only parts of the game are 1080.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The Video settings need to be changed in the EEprom (hardware) so use the enigma switcher, Changing in the dash is a software change

As there is a limited number of 1080 games it is not really worth is s only parts of the game are 1080.

Cheers

SS Dave

I thought it might be to be fair, It Makes Sence as Soon as you say it like that 😁👌. Ill give it a go asap Should give better results than already obtained. 

From What you Say i take it Only Certain Videos or Cutscenes of Supported Games are Rendered at the Full 1080 and. Then Gameplay is 720 is that Correct? I Suppose its not to much potch to toggle it, if i find a Game that supports and Runs Stable. Thats Cleared that Up Awesome Cheers SS Dave

Morris

1 minute ago, phrunt said:

Is there a reason people go to all of this trouble to get HDMI when you can just use a cheap component to HDMI adapter? I've been running my Xbox on a component to HDMI adapter fine.  Is there something I'm missing?

To Be Fair if you Happy With your specific Setup and the Resolution it outputs, then i Would say No. That Being Said ive seen alot of comments on the forum about how Bad the Official Cables such as the Pound Perform, But i Myself Love to Tinker, Create and Modify Things, after Seeing the Wii2HDMI mod and Hearing about how Crisp and colourful the image was in Comparison and also the Thought of having an Internal HDMI Rather than a Specific Cable Setup it was a Better fit in My Dream of what i wanted from it. Taking the Old Box into the New Generation and prolonging its life use, also Pretty much everyone has a spare HDMI cable lying around where the OG Xbox Dport Cable is Uncommon unless bought offline. If you Ever wanted to Bust the Box out for a Retro Gaming Session its Alot more Compatable. 

Ive Built RGH 360 Consoles also in the Hope of Reliving Some of The Golden Oldies in some variation of HD Glory but the fact that so many of the Original Xbox Games library are unsupported even after the Backwards Compatability and Modded Compatabilty update are applied is abit Shite. Adding the HDMI to the OG XBox is a way Cheaper alternative to a Tidy set of Cables and Also Enabled me to Play all of those Games I Long for when Fancying a Retro Session. In the End its all Down to Preference and What you want from it. 

LONG LIVE THE BOX 

Morris

• Like 1