OGXbox.com

Wii2hdmi On Xbox

ironsniper1

20 hours ago, KunfuMunky said:

Btw just out of curiosity, I read in the other thread on GBAtemp that there is also an upscaling version. I also have a Wii and I already have a black one of these adapters (which will probably also look better for the Xbox) but this one has auto upscaling. Does one of you guys know whats the difference and which one to buy?

I have this one myself: Aliexpress

And this one with the "hole" should be a version with manual upscaling through a needle Ebay

Thanks for the tutorial, can't wait tot try it out :D

just get the normal one and skip the up-scaling one

• 1 month later...

Hello,

After failing to install N64 freaks HDMI mod I installed the Wii2HDMI internaly.

It is working only some of the colours don't look right, like when the xbox starts the logo is light green and the Evo-x logo is almost gray,

I resoldered everything 2 times an did a check with the multi meter, and everything looks okay.
Anyone have an idea ?

8 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

Does anyone have pictures of how they wired up this adapter (both sides if possible) ?

Thanks!

I have plenty of pictures but I can't post them here because there is a restriction to how many photos that we can upload and I guess I reached that limit.  A few pointers I guess. 

All those wii2hdmi adapters use the same rules but there are many PCBs and chips used so each different type has different results.  (i.e. this weekend I received a new type that was incapable of handling all the necessary screen resolutions.)

However, they all have three different wires to handle the component video signals.  There is a wire for the LEFT audio signal and another for the RIGHT audio signal.  And then, you will need 5 volts of power.  Two wires will be used as jumpers to set the HD mode.  And finally, a whole bunch of ground pins. 

In my mod, I use shielded wires (from the original MS video cables) for the component video signals and I ground all the ground pins together.  I also use 26 AWG wire for the other wires.  As far as the diagrams go, I'm not fussy about which ground pad to solder to.  I choose the best route visually (given that I am using some shielded wires).  Take a look at Frank's video (linked below).  He does a great job at explaining things.  Keep in mind my suggestions when watching it and carrying out this mod.)  You can finish off the mod with a 3D printed cap.

• Like 2

I still have the color problem, i soldered all the wires again and use a other board.

but still have the problem the green color doesn’t look good.

maybe I messed something up while installing N64 freaks hdmi mod :(

8C208595-52BF-4862-A167-31155D84F064.jpeg

EFC47450-4233-4ADC-8DDF-3C4AF682A91E.jpeg

AB6DFB59-DF55-4DDF-857C-7485E166A000.jpeg

592CC68B-6C76-4742-9DA6-6817EDAAB936.jpeg795C1973-3719-4386-8DD8-208294395D85.thumb.jpeg.5416ce35d2ae6975f162a4b5a4b47892.jpeg

Edited by Nextria

Check your soldering

It's a bit hard to tell but in the 2nd and 3rd photos where the 3 wires are at the bottom near R5M5/6/7 it looks like the blob on the left is overlapping the track from the middle wire, and maybe the middle and right pads have a small dag bridging the two?

7 hours ago, oldmate said:

Check your soldering

It's a bit hard to tell but in the 2nd and 3rd photos where the 3 wires are at the bottom near R5M5/6/7 it looks like the blob on the left is overlapping the track from the middle wire, and maybe the middle and right pads have a small dag bridging the two?

Hey 

it looks like that but I checked everything with

my multimeter and there are no bridges. Also I soldered everything 3 or 4 times and keep getting the same problem. Could it be the wii2hdmi boards ? 

EDIT: I was looking with my multimeter on the points I soldered before, and one of the resistors(?)

Seems to be shorting, I don't know If it should do like this but when I measure it with continuity 
it shows its shorting, its FB4A1 or F84A1 I can't really read it anymore.

xcalibur_03xs.jpg

Edited by Nextria

When installed internally,

You can't easily keep the AV port intact with the Wii2HDMI attached.  It requires jumpering the MODE pins to select high-definition video output.  

Now, if you modify the wiring some to have switches instead of directly soldering the required mode lines to ground. The AV port could still be used with a composite or other Xbox video cable.  The cable connects the mode pins to the required signal to select the proper video MODE of operation

On 6/29/2019 at 2:43 PM, Nextria said:

EDIT: I was looking with my multimeter on the points I soldered before, and one of the resistors(?)

Seems to be shorting, I don't know If it should do like this but when I measure it with continuity 
it shows its shorting, its FB4A1 or F84A1 I can't really read it anymore.

FB normally means Ferrite Bead, and you would expect it to be short or close to, it is there to block high frequency noise either being emitted or received, much the same as the beads you see on video cables etc.

220px-A_collection_of_Snap-On_-_Clamp-on

2 hours ago, oldmate said:

FB normally means Ferrite Bead, and you would expect it to be short or close to, it is there to block high frequency noise either being emitted or received, much the same as the beads you see on video cables etc.

220px-A_collection_of_Snap-On_-_Clamp-on

Thank you, I checked with another motherboard I have and it is indeed the same.

i installed the wii2hdmi adapter on this one and it works. 

So I shorted something on this motherboard during the installation of N64 freaks HDMI mod. 

By accident I soldered the 5v to the 3,3v on the hdmi board breaking it. Could I have damaged something on the Xbox with this as well? And what could it be, everything works except for some colors 

• 3 weeks later...

I have A new problem with another Xbox.

i installed the wii2hdmi everything is working only I get distorted sound.

i resoldered everything, still the same problem. Than I used another board I had have, but still the same.

i used different hdmi cables different ports.

but keep getting the same problem.

any ideas? 

5 hours ago, Nextria said:

I have A new problem with another Xbox.

i installed the wii2hdmi everything is working only I get distorted sound.

i resoldered everything, still the same problem. Than I used another board I had have, but still the same.

i used different hdmi cables different ports.

but keep getting the same problem.

any ideas? 

I could only assume that it is a soldering problem.  Please take clear photos of the top and bottom so that we can see the work.  Also, try removing one of the audio channels.  There is one for the left and one for the right.  So, remove one and then plug it in and see how the sound it.  Re-solder it and do the same for the other audio side.  Make adjustments from there.  (But, I would still like to see pictures.)

6 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I could only assume that it is a soldering problem.  Please take clear photos of the top and bottom so that we can see the work.  Also, try removing one of the audio channels.  There is one for the left and one for the right.  So, remove one and then plug it in and see how the sound it.  Re-solder it and do the same for the other audio side.  Make adjustments from there.  (But, I would still like to see pictures.)

Hello TEK Nemesis, i will check tonight or tomorrow morning. i will first make some pictures, and will desolder one of the audio wires

and check again, this is also the first time i have this, i hope i can fix it, i already destroyed two motherboards  :(

Hey TEK Nemesis,

i removed the left Audio first and checked.

still the same, than I did the right one, also the same. Than I did a complete cleanup resolder everything. And still the same,

i did continuity test with my multimeter.

and everything is connected  

i think I screwed something up on the broad,

but cant seem to find what it is 

64FD39EE-69A2-4B59-99CD-202ED6C814B4.jpeg

A42F10A3-9179-4244-BF85-4DB3F5CA2DEA.jpeg

F4101D2E-78C4-47D9-8DDF-37188D3DEE8A.jpeg

4CDDCD33-EBDA-4EB6-95BD-46616B3F751C.jpeg

7B9CC115-53DD-4AB6-AE8A-1168ADB023A7.jpeg

16 hours ago, Nextria said:

this is also the first time i have this, i hope i can fix it, i already destroyed two motherboards

You know what?  Messing up boards is not the end of the world.  And just because you can't revive them it doesn't mean that they no longer hold value to someone.  I'm sure that there are still some good components on them and they could probably be revived in the right hands.  This just tells me that you are eager to learn.  Good for you.  You'll get there one day.  Now you have a couple of practice boards to learn other skills on.  You could easily find another Xbox for $20 and try again on that one.  Maybe one day, you'll return to one of these boards and fully repair them.

• Like 1