OGXbox.com

Duo X modchip what size ?

dijkhuizen057

Hi guys As i explained in new member topic (thats what i am) i already have a question that hopefully someone can answer.

I picked up a 1.4 Ogxob with a (very old ?) duox v1 modchip.

I can read on tis forum many posts about the duox2 version that has 512k banks.

What i would like to know is does this v1 modchip has the same size 512k or 256k.

The modchip is working fine.

Is there a way to find out what bios it has ?.Just out of curiosity if for any reason i have to reflash  a (newer) bios.

When booting the xboxlogo (which is blue) it reveals on the bottom of the screen xececuter 2.

When i load OGxbox installer 2021 i see Kernel 1.00.5838.01.My sata 500gb hdd is detected and f and g partions available.

Advice for this newbie would be much appreciated.

IIRC, all Duox modchips, have 2 512KB banks.  You don't really have to do much - don't use Gentoox Loader to flash the modchip - as I believe all other apps such as XBlast OS or Evoxdash autosize a base sized 256KB Xbox BIOS (write 2x copies one after the other) to fit its 512KB bank.

When booting from the modchip, not loading OGXbox Installer 2021, look in the replacement dashboard's Settings or System Info pages for the the kernel version number.   For an X2 BIOS most are 1.0.49xx.yy; however, the latest release was 5035 instead of 49xx.  X2 5035 is a 512KB BIOS so the modchip must have a 512KB bank to use it.

If you are using UnleashX, press the (Y) button to display the system info page.  Find the kernel version.

What do you find?

5c69a7f896880_UnleashXSystemInfoPage-KernelVersion.png.dff9ead1883fd43f52d8eb5541817417.png

I believe the chip is a 512kb but if you use Xblast OS to re-flash it the software will automatically resize the file as needed by the chip.

I would suggest you re-flash the chip with the cerbios  bios file as it supports HDD sizes up to 16tb, Faster IDE bus speeds of up to 133mb/s (Original speed is 33.3.mb/s) providing you have a startech sata2ide and 80wire IDE cable and this will give you faster boot times and quicker game loading from the hard drive, it supports compressed game files and more.

The latest version of Cerbios is 2.3.0 and you also need the Cerbios tool to customise the bios before you flash the bios to the mod chip, You also need to copy the correct cerbios.ini file to the Xbox C drive.

If you plan on up grading the hard drive I suggest you have a read of this tutorial.

https://www.hazeno.com/og-xbox-hdd-upgrade

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanx guys for the reply.

I do not have unleashx,but is easy to install.

i think i will flash cerbios 2.3.0 into it.i do have startech adapter and 80 wire hdd cable.

I also have a 1.6 xbox with openxenium and cerbios 2.3.0..(very nice chip)

Thanks again i did not know the modchip has 512 kb.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, SylverReZ said:

Yeah, you can rebuild the HDD using FATXplorer Beta and extract the contents of the C and E partitions from the HeXen disc to there.

That's what I did with Origins. The dash was limited and shitty. Didn't even have an MS Dash! I used ogxbox installer to fix my C and E partitions and I just added all my sources in XBMC and now it fuckin RULES. lol.

• Like 1