Self

Led Controller Port Install

How to Install a single LED into each one of the control ports. Enjoy!

Edited by Self
Wrong video. Lolol.
  • Like 1

1st things first...thanks for the tut!

I've been reading around and found that another way that will help to save some time, is to buy some prewired LEDs off of eBay seem like a good way to go, esp if someone is planning to sell them.  Time vs money.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by thePiratePimp
forgot to add a picture.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are quite a few resistor calculators on the internet so, you can work out what resistor you need to add to the LEDs you buy. They can have different voltage tolerances depending on output and size etc. 

In some cases just adding all four of the ports in series can drop the volts enough not to need resistors.

On 8/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, OGXbox Admin said:

They are not the right spec as they are for 6v and you'll be hooking them up to 12v. So, you'll have to wire 2 in series to make it work.

I thought the USB ports were 5v? I've read that in a few different places. Just want to verify so I do  the calculations properly and get the correct resistors.

They are 5v but I guess you could also wire them up to a 12v source instead like the one supplying the HD.

For everyone who want to work out what resistors they need 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by big F
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 8:52 AM, thePiratePimp said:

1st things first...thanks for the tut!

I've been reading around and found that another way that will help to save some time, is to buy some prewired LEDs off of eBay seem like a good way to go, esp if someone is planning to sell them.  Time vs money.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:16 AM, Dave C. said:

That is a great idea.

Do you think something like these are the right spec?

Please login or register to see this link.

Did you guys find any suitable ones ? Or did you guys buy any on ebay? Just seeing whats possible since my soldering is a bit on the weak side and the less I have to do the better!! Thanks !!

Any benefits to using the flat square led's over round ones, haven't seen a comparison yet, can see they are smaller and maybe a better fit size wise but are they as bright ? 

Edited by Welshtourist

I used 5mm led and 100 omhs resistor and did not have any kind of error worked perfectly just be careful when soldering and do not let any metal part touch the metal cover of the doors that works quiet.f51c92ec374ee1da010cd18dfca89f1d.jpg

Enviado de meu SM-G903M usando o Tapatalk