OGXbox.com

Led Controller Port Install

Self

• 3 weeks later...

1st things first...thanks for the tut!

I've been reading around and found that another way that will help to save some time, is to buy some prewired LEDs off of eBay seem like a good way to go, esp if someone is planning to sell them.  Time vs money.

s-l1600-2.jpg

Edited by thePiratePimp
forgot to add a picture.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

There are quite a few resistor calculators on the internet so, you can work out what resistor you need to add to the LEDs you buy. They can have different voltage tolerances depending on output and size etc. 

In some cases just adding all four of the ports in series can drop the volts enough not to need resistors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, OGXbox Admin said:

They are not the right spec as they are for 6v and you'll be hooking them up to 12v. So, you'll have to wire 2 in series to make it work.

I thought the USB ports were 5v? I've read that in a few different places. Just want to verify so I do  the calculations properly and get the correct resistors.

• 8 months later...
On 8/20/2017 at 8:52 AM, thePiratePimp said:

1st things first...thanks for the tut!

I've been reading around and found that another way that will help to save some time, is to buy some prewired LEDs off of eBay seem like a good way to go, esp if someone is planning to sell them.  Time vs money.

s-l1600-2.jpg

On 8/20/2017 at 11:16 AM, Dave C. said:

Did you guys find any suitable ones ? Or did you guys buy any on ebay? Just seeing whats possible since my soldering is a bit on the weak side and the less I have to do the better!! Thanks !!