OGXbox.com

Lframe measurements

lopenator

9 hours ago, lopenator said:

Hello all. I am throwing a few chips into some 1.6 xbox's. I am unsure if they pulse Lframe or not. Does anyone know what measurements I need to know if Lfram is being held low vs. if it is being pulsed? Thanks ❤️

If you are using a low quality chip like a Aladdin then it's not pulsed, Chips like the Open Xenium, X3 are safe. As I see no need to ever boot from the original bios I cut the Lframe trace anyway. Testing the D0 out put with a oscilloscope as it's powering on the chip would be the way I would test it as it only pulses the D0 low just long enough to load from the LPC.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

you still recommend cutting the trace regardless?

Yep

The stella chip doesn't have a D0 wire from the board so if that's the chip you plan on using then cut the Lframe

The reason I say a oscilloscope is the pules may be to quick for 90% of multi meters .

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Dave, can you help me understand why some install a resistor between the cut? I went ahead a cut the trace but not sure if I should install resistor or not.

I apologize for the noob question. I am new to the Xbox mod scene but not new to Xbox.

Edited by lopenator