OGXbox.com

Xenium 24k power buttons won’t turn off the system

Hattmeiny

I have a 1.6 Xbox with Xenium 24k modchip.  System worked fine but feeding buttons prior to install.  Lpc rebuild and added pin header and Xbox boots with chip great.  Eject button takes me to Xenium is and power button boots into my dashboard (Xbmc4gamers). The issue I’m having, is that I can’t use the power or eject after in turn it on.  Don’t think it’s a trace issue due to it being a 1.6 and not having the issue prior to the chip.  Any help would be awesome

I don't know how that can happen since power or eject turned on the console.  Pressing power again should turn it off. 

If off, pressing the top larger front panel Eject button will turn the console on and eject the DVD tray.  Pressing it again will close the tray but not turn off the console.  That requires pressing the smaller power button.

7 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

I don't know how that can happen since power or eject turned on the console.  Pressing power again should turn it off. 

If off, pressing the top larger front panel Eject button will turn the console on and eject the DVD tray.  Pressing it again will close the tray but not turn off the console.  That requires pressing the smaller power button.

I have no idea how it’s happened.  I have installed OpenXenium and project stellar and had no issue.  I have never run across this.  It’s like when the chip is installed, it’s disabling the front panel buttons.  I have to pull the plug to turn it off. 

45 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

I just went ahead and bought an OpenXenium chip to see if something is somehow bridging inside the Xenium 24k. I’ll report back here once I get it and install it.