OGXbox.com

Softmodding using ipod nano 2nd gen 2gb not working

tkogaming

I got the xbox to usb adapter and a copy of splinter cell to softmod my xbox, multiple sites confirmed you can use an ipod nano to do this so I plugged in the ipod nano to the xbox and it reformatted it. I tried coppying a game save to it and restarting and it was still there. when I open fatxplorer it does not see the ipod, when I try xplorer360 I am able to copy the save folders 5553000c and 21585554 and it stays after removing the drive and reopening and I got them to show up on xplorer360 using a different computer with the ipod connected. Then when I tried to view those saves in my xbox on the memory card, only the test save (soul calliber) shows up, not the ones I coppied over. I also noticed that I don't see any folders in xplorer360 that would be from the soul calliber save which my xbox can still see, but my xbox does not see splintercell or anything else. any help would be appreciated

Not 100% on this, as was not even aware you could do this with a nano.

It sounds a bit like file permissions, the NT file system which fatx is based on can be a bit picky.  What you could try is make a real splintershell save by playing the game enough to get to a save point. Then on your computer delete all the files in side the save, not the folders just the files then from your hacked save copy all the contents into their respective folders. 
Pop that into the XBox and see if it likes it. He folders will grant the implied permissions on your transplanted files.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tkogaming said:

I got the xbox to usb adapter and a copy of splinter cell to softmod my xbox, multiple sites confirmed you can use an ipod nano to do this so I plugged in the ipod nano to the xbox and it reformatted it. I tried coppying a game save to it and restarting and it was still there. when I open fatxplorer it does not see the ipod, when I try xplorer360 I am able to copy the save folders 5553000c and 21585554 and it stays after removing the drive and reopening and I got them to show up on xplorer360 using a different computer with the ipod connected. Then when I tried to view those saves in my xbox on the memory card, only the test save (soul calliber) shows up, not the ones I coppied over. I also noticed that I don't see any folders in xplorer360 that would be from the soul calliber save which my xbox can still see, but my xbox does not see splintercell or anything else. any help would be appreciated

Format the ipod nano again using FATXplorer 3.0 beta then copy the two save files / numbered folders to the root / top-level folder.

Edit: Forget that you ever knew that the old buggy Xplorer360 application ever existed.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Format the ipod nano again using FATXplorer 3.0 beta then copy the two save files / numbered folders to the root / top-level folder.

Edit: Forget that you ever knew that the old buggy Xplorer360 application ever existed.

I tried that, FATXplorer does not recognize it in the devices screen, it sees it as an option to format but after I format it it does'nt show up, if I try to preload them when formatting it says something along the lines of "partition 0 does not exist or cannot be found", not sure what to do

20 hours ago, big F said:

It sounds a bit like file permissions, the NT file system which fatx is based on can be a bit picky.  What you could try is make a real splintershell save by playing the game enough to get to a save point. Then on your computer delete all the files in side the save, not the folders just the files then from your hacked save copy all the contents into their respective folders. 
Pop that into the XBox and see if it likes it. He folders will grant the implied permissions on your transplanted files.

The issue with that is that if I save files to it from my xbox, they show up after reboot so I know it worked, but when I use explorer360 to look at it there are no files at all. it's as if their both writing to different partitions but it only has one and I confirmed that the computer actually coppies files to it by checking the ipod with explorer360 on another pc. The xbox can see the files it writes to the ipod and the pc can see the files it writes but neither can see both. 

On 5/29/2023 at 11:57 PM, big F said:

The issue with that is that if I save files to it from my xbox, they show up after reboot so I know it worked, but when I use explorer360 to look at it there are no files at all. it's as if their both writing to different partitions but it only has one and I confirmed that the computer actually coppies files to it by checking the ipod with explorer360 on another pc. The xbox can see the files it writes to the ipod and the pc can see the files it writes but neither can see both. 

edit:

the error FATXplorer gives me when attempting to preload after successfully formatting is "The format completed successfully, but the preload failed, the parameter is incorrect: '\\.PHYSICALDRIVE6'

I FIGURED IT OUT, to anyone who might be having a simalar problem out there here is what I did, first copy a save to the ipod from the xbox (not nessisary but helpful for diagnosis), use explorer360 to create a backup of the memory card/ipod, open that backup in FATXplorer, you should now see a folder inside created by the save you coppied from you're xbox, this means it is working, now copy what you need to for the softmod (in my case rocky5 splinter cell and the softmod folder) then unmount this, restore to memorycard from this moddified backup in explorer360 and whala. there may be an easier sollution but I haven't found one

• Like 1