OGXbox.com

TX X3 Pro Switch recreation

ShinGoutetsu

5 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

This would be good I'd love another but I'd imagine it would get quite expensive to actually produce :(

Once you make the first, assuming you 3D print it  a clean up of the print and then take silicone mould of it you could cast them, would be very much cheaper than commissioning injection tooling and having them produced as a short run commercial job.  Resin casting can be cast clear and coloured to match existing parts.
PCB’s as we all know can be made by the likes of PCBWay, as long as they are  10cm x 10cm or less the charge is not that massive.

14 minutes ago, big F said:

Once you make the first, assuming you 3D print it  a clean up of the print and then take silicone mould of it you could cast them, would be very much cheaper than commissioning injection tooling and having them produced as a short run commercial job.  Resin casting can be cast clear and coloured to match existing parts.
PCB’s as we all know can be made by the likes of PCBWay, as long as they are  10cm x 10cm or less the charge is not that massive.

That's not too bad then. I wonder if something like the X3CP is in MakeMhz's plans somewhere down the line.  Not that currently I will buy a Stellar due to no Cerbios hdd/CCI support.

15 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

That's not too bad then. I wonder if something like the X3CP is in MakeMhz's plans somewhere down the line.  Not that currently I will buy a Stellar due to no Cerbios hdd/CCI support.

I believe MakeMHz has said that there is a front panel add on coming but I'm not sure if its a complete faceplate replacement or something more like a pro switch

17 hours ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

I believe MakeMHz has said that there is a front panel add on coming but I'm not sure if its a complete faceplate replacement or something more like a pro switch

I think he did mean an addon to stellar to get the x3cp xlcd working under stellar. Not a whole new face plate. 

Dustin/MakeMHz, has stated that they’re working on compatibility with the old XLCD screens AND, the STL has been released for the faceplate along with the X3CP board being successfully cloned. I think it’s safe to say that It’s only a matter of time now. Glad I still have the old X3 lying around. 

In other news, my Stellar just arrived today. 

Edited by MadMartigan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the stl for the face plate exist for some time now, but if you want to let make a face plate like the originals (so not 3d printed), you're looking at a price with 5 digits to make the injection mold and some samples. For a console like the og xbox it's a big investment, the userbase is not so big and not everybody loves the face plates.

On 5/31/2023 at 8:29 AM, Dempsey_86 said:

the stl for the face plate exist for some time now, but if you want to let make a face plate like the originals (so not 3d printed), you're looking at a price with 5 digits to make the injection mold and some samples. For a console like the og xbox it's a big investment, the userbase is not so big and not everybody loves the face plates.

Interesting point.

Those X3s are pretty hard to come by now...

On 5/31/2023 at 11:29 AM, Dempsey_86 said:

You’re right. I had to include that n the post since it is part of the progress towards getting new faceplates. Now we have the three key factors needed to one day see this happen. 

Edit: For what it’s worth, I’ll take a 3D print any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I’d like to think there are many others with me. 

Edited by MadMartigan

18 hours ago, MadMartigan said:

You’re right. I had to include that n the post since it is part of the progress towards getting new faceplates. Now we have the three key factors needed to one day see this happen. 

Edit: For what it’s worth, I’ll take a 3D print any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I’d like to think there are many others with me. 

I think some are attached to the matte texture on the front of the panel. :) I do like it, but I'll take what I can get ATM.

On 6/3/2023 at 1:17 AM, big F said:

I did play with an experimental setting in my slicer programme that gives you a fizzy outer layer. Its not quite the same as the finish on the OG but similar, a bit of fine tuning or post print work could make it more so.

Tell us how it looks! :)

Not got anything worth showing here but this post gives you an idea of what can be made.

Its not far off that factory finish and with a bit of paint looks fairly good.

I think 01/10 is the nearest to OEM

Edited by big F
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, big F said:

Not got anything worth showing here but this post gives you an idea of what can be made.

Its not far off that factory finish and with a bit of paint looks fairly good.

I think 01/10 is the nearest to OEM

I would say something like 02/5 is what the case looks like. :) But thats just me. But no paint. Clear coloring.