OGXbox.com

Unleashx dash not working but evox and others works fine

Naif

I just had tsop'ed my xbox and Clean the C from Softmod after Tsop, so i want to install Unleashx, when i installed and open it the screen goes black, but others dash evox, avadash etc works fine??

My xbox is tsop'ed but i still have softmod savegames and unleashx savegame is they who broken unleashx?

Was that UnleashX installed as an app ie. in Applications perchance?

I've just checked and the UnleashX dash provided in the HeXEn version (2020?) I have the main XBE is named "unleashx.xbe".

Did you change that original HeXEn UnleashX dash you used XBE's name to "default.xbe"?

If not and the dash you replaced it with came with that done already there is your explanation for the behaviour.

3 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Was that UnleashX installed as an app ie. in Applications perchance?

I've just checked and the UnleashX dash provided in the HeXEn version (2020?) I have the main XBE is named "unleashx.xbe".

Did you change that original HeXEn UnleashX dash you used XBE's name to "default.xbe"?

If not and the dash you replaced it with came with that done already there is your explanation for the behaviour.

Not becuase its app, when i installed from Hexen 2021 i launched from the file manger, unleashx.xbe its was work but the shortcut that hexen created had this problem, then i downloaded new one and put it in C and renamed to evoxdash.xbe

Anyways its work but i have a little problem if you know how to fixed, before tsop when my xbox was softmodded only, unleash was automtaclly boot E/XBMC/defult.xbe and the IGR "in game reset" was fast and not hearing DVD Drive spining but the new one looks like reboot the system i mean when i hold L + R then press back + black  i see the xbox's X logo and microsoft and i hear the DVD Drive spining

Some Evox M8+ BIOS seem to have problems with the IGR.

I have an Aladdin chip that came with a pre-installed EvoxM8+ BIOS and. if you checked it with the EVTool I mentioned earlier, it showed that IGR was enabled. Problem is it still didn't work, neither Back + Black or Start + Back did anything.

Only when I reflashed it with a known good version, which I think SS_Dave provided or linked me too, did both IGR methods work including with XBMC.   

1 hour ago, HDShadow said:

I have an Aladdin chip that came with a pre-installed EvoxM8+ BIOS and. if you checked it with the EVTool I mentioned earlier, it showed that IGR was enabled. Problem is it still didn't work, neither Back + Black or Start + Back did anything.

Only when I reflashed it with a known good version, which I think SS_Dave provided or linked me too, did both IGR methods work including with XBMC.   

The IGR work with me but i don't like to hear the DVD Drive spinning also i want to make survive long as possible.

XBMC i remeber when it was softmodded i just installed XBMC in E and then the unleash always boot it

7 hours ago, HDShadow said:

IGR is a four (4) button combo, not just two (2).  Both triggers plus the two buttons you mentioned. 

Yes, worth point that out for others, but I was taking it as a given Naif understood that as he described the method in full in his previous post about the IGR issue.

The DVD drive spinning up is unfortunately without a solution as it is a feature of the Thomson DVD drive which is what I suspect he is using. I have not noticed that with any other DVD drive but the Thomson is noisier than the others so it is more obtrusive.

It is checking if there is a disc in the DVD drive and it seems to do that whenever you do almost anything including just closing the DVD drive tray, double checking there is no disc present.

I too find it rather annoying.  

Edited by HDShadow

On 5/28/2023 at 11:15 PM, KaosEngineer said:

I found something called dashloader it's works and solution my problem, i heard that dashloader is patching the bios everytime in start up, is this means it like reflashing? And if the console shutdown while dashloader is patching will crouppted my bios?

My bios is Evox m8+

4 hours ago, Naif said:

I found something called dashloader it's works and solution my problem, i heard that dashloader is patching the bios everytime in start up, is this means it like reflashing? And if the console shutdown while dashloader is patching will crouppted my bios?

My bios is Evox m8+

No, it patches the in RAM copy of the kernel to add XISO mounting capabilities to the system.

It does not reflash the BIOS.