OGXbox.com

The controler works fine in all games but in any dashboard fails and moves alone

Vespi

Hello, I am a new user, I have a problem on my Xbox for a few days with my controllers plugged, they work in all the games fine, but in xbmc4gamers or other dashboard fails and the cursor move alone until unplug it and plug it again, then I can move for a while or running a game, but when reload the dashboard, keep the issue again.  I've tried almost everything, install different dashboard or a Rocky5 quick upgrade and update softmod tool disk from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9, except doing a softmod fabric reset.  I don't know if there's a way to keep partitions F and G with all games, I have 1tb HDD Rocky5 softmod.  EvolutionX dashboard witch has a different cursor movement inside not happen with the controls, but I'm a user xbmc4gamers only, so if anyone knows what happens or any solution will help me so mutch, thanks.

19 hours ago, Vespi said:

With a third party controller something similar and I decide no used anymore, but now with the original cristal XBOX, I've the 1.6 version.  Thanks for your reply.

Run the Xbox Controller Test application to see if it functions correctly. 

Do all of the controls register as expected in the app?

The app is TestLaunch available from the link on the web page - https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:TestLaunch.

Or, in XISO disc image format from ogxbox.com's download section:

Thanks for the app, I did´t Know and it´s great.  After the default firts test Gamepad done, the malfuction seems to be in the LeftStick.x and LeftStick.y, both are moving without touching the control, other buttons with all test works normal, but that no meaning clearly the hardware is the problem?  In games do no occurs any with leftsticks.

IMG_20230520_174516_1216x684.jpg

2 hours ago, Vespi said:

Thanks for the app, I did´t Know and it´s great.  After the default firts test Gamepad done, the malfuction seems to be in the LeftStick.x and LeftStick.y, both are moving without touching the control, other buttons with all test works normal, but that no meaning clearly the hardware is the problem?  In games do no occurs any with leftsticks.

IMG_20230520_174516_1216x684.jpg

Okay. So you're saying that the thumbsticks are experiencing random inputs but the buttons are not?

Yes, but just the left thumbstick, only in the dashboard or softmodding tool Disk, and any apps too, in games work fine.  When unplug it and plug it again the controler fix itself for a while, so let me move for the screen ok until some new load.  Do you know if I have to set a cfg file or try something like formated the hdd or any partition? Thanks

Edited by Vespi

2 hours ago, Vespi said:

Yes, but just the left thumbstick, only in the dashboard or softmodding tool Disk, and any apps too, in games work fine.  When unplug it and plug it again the controler fix itself for a while, so let me move for the screen ok until some new load.  Do you know if I have to set a cfg file or try something like formated the hdd or any partition? Thanks

I don't think this is a software issue... This definitely sounds like hardware...

Yes something inside the XBOX, not the controller, it works fine in games.  If try to unplug the HDD with the IDE cable as when transfer the old HDD to a new 1tb HDD process.  It seems an electric issue, but I'm not familiarize with hardware and electric behaviors and how it works whole XBOX to make the controllers works when load games.  If someone with knowledge in building hardware components know any solution, it'll help me in advance if to try something else that now works fine, like a full softmod fabric reset.  Anyway, thanks.

Edited by Vespi