OGXbox.com

Xbox repairs.

ILoveXbox

Greetings! I am in possession of an original Xbox from the late 90s to early 2000s and I require some assistance before proceeding with its disassembly. I attempted to turn on the console by pressing the power button, but to my disappointment, the light failed to turn on. Moreover, the fan only turned on briefly and shut off immediately after releasing the button. This issue persisted even after multiple attempts, and eventually, the console stopped responding altogether. I tried holding and pressing the power button but to no avail. Could you please help me identify and troubleshoot this problem? Alternatively, any guidance on the repair process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

20 minutes ago, ILoveXbox said:

Greetings! I am in possession of an original Xbox from the late 90s to early 2000s and I require some assistance before proceeding with its disassembly. I attempted to turn on the console by pressing the power button, but to my disappointment, the light failed to turn on. Moreover, the fan only turned on briefly and shut off immediately after releasing the button. This issue persisted even after multiple attempts, and eventually, the console stopped responding altogether. I tried holding and pressing the power button but to no avail. Could you please help me identify and troubleshoot this problem? Alternatively, any guidance on the repair process would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

That is a mighty straightforward username friend. 🙂

3 hours ago, MrSmellyPotato said:

It sounds like a bad power supply. Could also be bad capacitors, but you'd have to open up your Xbox to look for leaking capacitors. That would be my guess regarding power issues

I agree. Bad psu or a part of the mobo's putting an odd load on the PSU and it's cutting out to protect it. Not that I know much, unfortunately...