OGXbox.com

Stuck at blue screen and can't login

ramok2k

I booted up my XBMC and noticed that it wasn't loading as fast. The menu takes forever to load and when I finally reach the menu it just shows a blue screen with loading. I can't login and I get a script error.

Below is my log file. Please help me find a solution. I'm quite a noob and hope the fix is easy.

Log file

xbmc.log

Looks like a skin corruption error from the log but how you fix that when using XBMC4Gamers I'm not 100% sure.

With XBMC4Xbox, assuming you had the default skin available in your skin folder holding both thumb stick in (L3/R3  pressed in) when the Xbox is booting will get you to a screen asking if you want to reset XBMC. What it does is return the UserData folder to the default state and that will include the skin choice reverting to the default (usually Project Mayhem III/PM3).

Obviously you don't want it to do that and I'd guess that XBMC4Gamers doesn't have a backup skin as it is 'just' a skin itself. So I doubt that is appropriate for XBMC4Gamers and hold off trying anything like that until you have advice from somebody who knows XBM4Gamers better than I do.

EDIT

Just read SS_Dave's reply - if you have FTP access that would seem like a good solution. 

11 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The log has some entry's relating to the skin, The easy fix is download a new prebuilt copy of xbmc4gamers and FTP that to the Xbox and overwrite the current files

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you, it seems I'm able to login now however I've run into a new problem. Everything is slow. I can barely navigate and booting is taking a while. Could this be a hard drive failure do I need to do something else? 

27 minutes ago, ramok2k said:

Thank you, it seems I'm able to login now however I've run into a new problem. Everything is slow. I can barely navigate and booting is taking a while. Could this be a hard drive failure do I need to do something else? 

THAT sounds like your HDD is on its way out, yes. I would clone the drive and see how a new one compares.

9 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

THAT sounds like your HDD is on its way out, yes. I would clone the drive and see how a new one compares.

Appreciate the replies :)

I had to place an order on a SATA to USB adapter so it's going to take me a while. 

I currently have a 1 TB hard drive. I can delete some stuff from my 2TB to make it 1 TB so will it be safe to simply clone it? Or will I have to do something else? 

28 minutes ago, ramok2k said:

Appreciate the replies :)

I had to place an order on a SATA to USB adapter so it's going to take me a while. 

I currently have a 1 TB hard drive. I can delete some stuff from my 2TB to make it 1 TB so will it be safe to simply clone it? Or will I have to do something else? 

As long as it tolerates all the constant reading, from end to end, sure. You sure you can get rid of all that data? 2tb drives are hella cheap these days...

On 5/16/2023 at 12:24 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

As long as it tolerates all the constant reading, from end to end, sure. You sure you can get rid of all that data? 2tb drives are hella cheap these days...

Okay so I finally got the hard drive cloned (good thing cause the last one started clicking) but the new one is still slow. 

When booting the xbox the #CM logo that appears under it takes forever to show up. Loading a profile is also painfully slow. However once I boot into the game it runs fine. No issues whatsoever. 

I'm really lost at this point and hope it's something that can be fixed. I'm guessing it's related to some curropted file. 

44 minutes ago, ramok2k said:

Okay so I finally got the hard drive cloned (good thing cause the last one started clicking) but the new one is still slow. 

When booting the xbox the #CM logo that appears under it takes forever to show up. Loading a profile is also painfully slow. However once I boot into the game it runs fine. No issues whatsoever. 

I'm really lost at this point and hope it's something that can be fixed. I'm guessing it's related to some curropted file. 

Yeah that's odd, I agree. I'm lost too, at this point. Somebody else's expertise will probably be needed here... Not that I'm much of an expert at anything. Lol

I tried replacing the IDE port but still nothing changed. 

On 5/15/2023 at 2:50 AM, SS_Dave said:

The log has some entry's relating to the skin, The easy fix is download a new prebuilt copy of xbmc4gamers and FTP that to the Xbox and overwrite the current files

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I used the new skin but that also seemed to be a lost cause. One thing I did notice is that if I come back after not using it for a while it boots slightly faster. 

13 hours ago, ramok2k said:

I tried replacing the IDE port but still nothing changed. 

I used the new skin but that also seemed to be a lost cause. One thing I did notice is that if I come back after not using it for a while it boots slightly faster. 

That's sounding like a capacitor problem can you upload a pic to a share site ( I use https://postimages.org/ ) and post a link to the image here.

I  would also backup any files you really need to a PC and then format the hard drive using Fatxplorer V 3.0 Beta and then start a fresh by installing a new clean set of files to C drive and a new copy of xbmc4gamers to E: drive

Here is a tutorial un using Fatxplorer 

https://www.hazeno.com/og-xbox-hdd-upgrade

here is a link to the download for xbmc4gamers

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1je41mKY0Qm7L3P1zbZkcgt7VphEhYFz2

Cheers

SS Dave

Update: the problem was the DVD drive. It died and while booting it was causing everything to slowdown. Luckily my pre-modded xbox came with no DVD bios so all I had to do was disconnect the yellow cable that connects the drive and now it's working fine. No more DVD drive but I don't care since verything is in my HDD :)

Hope this helps whoever runs into a similar issue.