OGXbox.com

Hard Drive Indicator Led Video Install

Self

• 2 weeks later...

Went camping out of town so haven't been active for a bit. 

Anyway. I bought an assortment of small brushes from Hobby Lobby and used the smallest available. One coat of white and then I just paint over it with whatever color. Used Testor model paint. Takes a bit of practice as you have to be very gentle so the bristles don't separate, overlap the lettering, and touch the face plate.  If you want something similar in size and raised to practice on, go into McDonald's and get a drink. On your way out snag a handful of small lids. The McDonald's "arches" are perfect to practice on and are free. Lolol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Self said:

Went camping out of town so haven't been active for a bit. 

Anyway. I bought an assortment of small brushes from Hobby Lobby and used the smallest available. One coat of white and then I just paint over it with whatever color. Used Testor model paint. Takes a bit of practice as you have to be very gentle so the bristles don't separate, overlap the lettering, and touch the face plate.  If you want something similar in size and raised to practice on, go into McDonald's and get a drink. On your way out snag a handful of small lids. The McDonald's "arches" are perfect to practice on and are free. Lolol. 

awesome! thanks man. will have to practice for sure. Great video BTW!

• 1 month later...

Great informative video.

on the subject of painting the controller numbers, Gundam markers may be to your liking, think felt tip pen but with model paint,they come in different nib sizes and more colours than you'll likely need.

Been using them for years.

Edited by big F