OGXbox.com

Finally made an Xblast. I like it!

dtomcat

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Thank you!  Made one very DUMB mistake… soldered onto the pogo pins while they were compressed…. In pla… pins sunk into plastic and now I have to make another one.  Lessons learned!

Dtomcat18 that looks great! Two questions, (1) do you have the pin out for the jtag for this PCB? (2) can you tell me the spacing of the pads? I figure I can order of these guys;

2.54 2.0 1.5 1.27 1.25 100mil 50mil 3P 4P 5P 6P 7P 8P 9P 10P PCB Clip Clamp Fixture Probe Pogo Pin Download Program Burn
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPKiidm

Edited by logandzwon

17 hours ago, logandzwon said:

Dtomcat18 that looks great! Two questions, (1) do you have the pin out for the jtag for this PCB? (2) can you tell me the spacing of the pads? I figure I can order of these guys;

2.54 2.0 1.5 1.27 1.25 100mil 50mil 3P 4P 5P 6P 7P 8P 9P 10P PCB Clip Clamp Fixture Probe Pogo Pin Download Program Burn
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPKiidm

spacing I came up with is 1.1 (pad is .7 and spacing between pads is .4)

image.thumb.png.9c95b2e2a19382f584b1a67875badf95.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally tested out jig… no go.  Troubleshot for a bit.. decided to try new cpld…. Unsoldered original. … then had the idea to try a known good xblast… no go.  Try deleting software and reinstall (flashcat). Worked great…. Resoldered the original cpld back on… programmed successfully.  Jig officially works 

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 2:19 AM, Paolo said:

Too complicated and expensive for me..😔

What isn't? A 5 dollar Aladdin that doesn't work? Lol. You get what you pay for, friend. 35 bucks is totally reasonable. Especially with how much American currency has devalued. Let's raise that debt ceiling! Gotta fight for the working man or SOME shit!

@Dtomcat18 what are the specs on this thing?

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

@Dtomcat18 what are the specs on this thing?

It’s like any other xblast as far as I know. 1mb flash (flashable by user if an update comes out). 1x512kb 2x256kb (1 256 slot is for OS). Uses patched OS to allow ram checker on 1.6 xbox

Edited by Dtomcat18

47 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

It’s like any other xblast as far as I know. 1mb flash (flashable by user if an update comes out). 1x512kb 2x256kb (1 256 slot is for OS). Uses patched OS to all ram checker on 1.6 xbox

It's basically an XBlast Aladdin. Just much better looking... but cheaper to buy in bulk if you invest in a programmer!

I'm gonna buy one for my other Halo Edition. Green. :) 

PXL_20230615_055422715.jpg