OGXbox.com

V1.6 CPU Upgrade VCORE Settings

ComputerBooter

Thanks to @zzattack and his help I have been able to more successfully complete CPU Upgrades (2/2) with his technique so far!  Will be getting some units up for sale as soon as I can figure out the proper cooling technique!

The VCORE Voltage Modifications necessary for 1.45volts on a v1.6 xbox is as follows (using 0ohm resistors)

Screenshot 2023-05-01 110724.png

Edited by ComputerBooter
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, ComputerBooter said:

Thanks to @zzattack and his help I have been able to more successfully complete CPU Upgrades (2/2) with his technique so far!  Will be getting some units up for sale as soon as I can figure out the proper cooling technique!

The VCORE Voltage Modifications necessary for 1.45volts on a v1.6 xbox is as follows (using 0ohm resistors)

Screenshot 2023-05-01 110724.png

Very nice!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The original picture I posted for the 1.6 xbox does get 1.45 for the vcore but it also grounds some 5v and is not recommended.  The newer method uses 1.5k resistors in a few spots to get around 1.45vcore on the 1.6 xbox's.  The instructions found for the 1.0-1.4 xboxs actually give a bit higher vcore, I believe 1.5 which isn't bad but the recommended is 1.45 for tualatin.  I plan on documenting all voltages in case someone wants to test at a lower or higher vcore for stability.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ComputerBooter said:

The original picture I posted for the 1.6 xbox does get 1.45 for the vcore but it also grounds some 5v and is not recommended.  The newer method uses 1.5k resistors in a few spots to get around 1.45vcore on the 1.6 xbox's.  The instructions found for the 1.0-1.4 xboxs actually give a bit higher vcore, I believe 1.5 which isn't bad but the recommended is 1.45 for tualatin.  I plan on documenting all voltages in case someone wants to test at a lower or higher vcore for stability.

Please do. I'm sure people could take advantage of the higher vcore levels in order to push their overclocks higher.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello booter. No foto

On 06.06.2023 at 10:21, ComputerBooter said:

На самом деле я ошибался и измерял напряжение в неправильном месте. Исходные настройки, которые я предоставил, на самом деле составляют 1,55 В, что не убивает туалатин, но на 0,1 В выше, чем он должен работать. Хотя некоторые процессоры будут работать лучше при более низком напряжении, некоторые могут работать лучше при более высоком напряжении, в любом случае лучше быть ниже, чем выше. Вот ПРАВИЛЬНАЯ настройка напряжения процессора для напряжения 1,45 В. Все, что необходимо, это переместить исходный резистор R2E7 сопротивлением 0 Ом и поместить его в положение R2E5, чтобы получить напряжение 1,45 В, которое следует измерить на двух резисторах к югу от него (R2E10 + R2E8).

V1.6_1.45v_V_CPUCORE.JPG