ogxbox4life

All Versions of MameoXTras After Ver 2.0 Just Reboots My XBox.

MAMEoXtras 2.0 runs just fine but all the MAMEoXtras updated 2018/2019 just reboots my Xbox when executing the .xbe, tried deleting udata/tdata/cache, still the same, what could be the problem?, thanks for any clues.

Yes xbmc, everything works except the latest mame versions:

MAMEoXtras v2.1 and MAMEoXtras v2.1u1

if I delete all the folders and just have the .xbe in a empty folder they do actually create the folders before rebooting the Xbox, so there is some activity going on.

It would be great if someone could try them so we can rule out that it's actually my xbox and that they haven't been compiled using some error, there's so few people trying the very newest of new xbox homebrew so who knows :)

Edited by ogxbox4life

Ah i'm stupid, the media folder was missing from MAMEoXtras v2.1u1 and it's not autocreated so I copied it from MAMEoXtras v2.1, now works, case closed.

Edited by ogxbox4life
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Samuel
      Hello,
      I am currently getting red and green flickering artifacts on my screen with all games with my Xbox. Not sure what the problem is. I have tried multiple different AV cables, televisions, and games thinking thinking that might have been the problem. But, it seems there is some major graphical error wrong with my Xbox, and googling the problem has not been easy. Does anyone know if there is a fix

Thanks,
      Sam
    • By jonnymcfly
      I had one softmodded xbox for years that started activing up. The dvd drive went bad last year and 2 of my emulators snesx and the other snes one I have that forget the name to right now wouldn't load so I thought the HD was going bad. A 750GB IDE Seagate. But to my luck a new dvd drive and a new emu fixed my issue so I backed up all my data immediatly and then dropped the external and did it all again a few days later. Anyway The 1.6  xbox for the dvd drive I bought had bad caps. So I replaced them and then the Power supply died on me (Ask me no questions about poof puff bad puff of smoke adventures and bye bye IC chip and I'll tell you no lies) . Anyway then I bought another one for parts to fix that and then went down this road. Addicted to buying xboxs on offer up. Somehow now I have 6 xboxs. But this last one I got was $10 and the HD and DVD worked. Then I found my first hard mod chip inside Smart xxv3 no lcd installed but an IR . All the bios file were dead except the original, But I know nothing about a hard mod so its a whole new adventure. Glad to be here with all of you. 
    • By bulkchart32
      i pulled my version 1.6 apart about a week ago to change the thermal paste on it. i wasn't able to get the gpu completely clean so i put some new paste on it and reassembled while i waited for my arcti-clean order to get here. the system did great during this time. today, i pulled it apart and cleaned it better this time and reapplied thermal paste. after doing that, i was testing a game(i also serviced the dvd reader) and it froze on me(i thought it was because of the dvd reader). i restarted the console and kept playing. the xbox seemed to do fine for several minutes of playing the game. so i turned my attention to getting the disk tray to function correctly. i was opening it and shutting it multiple times when the system suddenly started glitching graphically. i let it do it for just a few seconds while i wondered what the heck was going on and then i pulled the power cord. when i tried plugging it back in, the xbox started frag'ing. to make a long story short, the point i'm at now is that i can let the system stay unplugged for an hour or so and plug it back in and it will function fine for just a few minutes. after that, it will start graphically glitching or freeze. it will do this with both the dvd/hdd drives installed but also with them both completely removed(including the ide cable). it doesn't appear to be frag'ing anymore and i don't think the processors are getting too hot. none of the caps appear to be bulging. any idea what's wrong with this thing? google is not being very helpful.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.