OGXbox.com

Avalaunch

musicman5818

The latest version of AvaLaunch is 0.49.3.  It is stored on the HDD.

Other more popular replacement dashboards include UnleashX the latest, 0.39.0528A Build 584 - FTP server buggy root directory listing, or 0.39.0222A Build 572 and XBMC4Xbox v3.5.3.

There's also the new XBMC-Emustation .

Update: I forgot to link the downloads for all the dashboards.  Xbins FTP server is still online to download these files. I also added links to all those mentioned above.  there are a couple of web sites that have a backup of the xbins FTP server content.

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is directly from the Avalaunch XML file and it actually tells you how to enable the G:\drive:-

"<mount>
            <!--
                Specify whether or not to mount drives

If omitted the F:\ drive will be mounted by default
                If omitted the G:\ drive will NOT be mounted by default
            -->
            <F enabled="1"/>
            <G enabled="0"/>
        </mount>"

So it looks as if all you need to do is scroll down through your avalaunch.xml, find this entry and change the value from "0" to "1".

I recommend backing up your original XML first before editing it.

Also if for some reason you've decided to use Avalaunch as your main dash do not make the changes to that yet. Copy the Avalaunch folder into Apps and change the avalaunch.xbe name to default.xbe instead. It will now boot as an app and you can test the changes you make to the XML file before applying it to the main dash.

A simple safety precaution.  

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HDShadow said:

This is directly from the Avalaunch XML file and it actually tells you how to enable the G:\drive:-

"<mount>
            <!--
                Specify whether or not to mount drives

If omitted the F:\ drive will be mounted by default
                If omitted the G:\ drive will NOT be mounted by default
            -->
            <F enabled="1"/>
            <G enabled="0"/>
        </mount>"

So it looks as if all you need to do is scroll down through your avalaunch.xml, find this entry and change the value from "0" to "1".

I recommend backing up your original XML first before editing it.

Also if for some reason you've decided to use Avalaunch as your main dash do not make the changes to that yet. Copy the Avalaunch folder into Apps and change the avalaunch.xbe name to default.xbe instead. It will now boot as an app and you can test the changes you make to the XML file before applying it to the main dash.

A simple safety precaution.  

Hi,this is enable the problem:

<path scanlevel="2">
                    E:\Games
                </path>
                <path>
                    F:\Games
                </path>
                <path>
                    E:\HDDLoader
                </path>
                <path>
                    F:\HDDLoader
                </path>
            </list>
            <list presetname="Applications">
                <path>
                    E:\Apps
                </path>
                <path>
                    F:\Apps
                </path>
            </list>
            <list presetname="Emulators">
                <path>
                    E:\Emulators
                </path>
                <path>
                    F:\Emulators
                </path>

Once the G:\drive is enabled to get the main menu entries to appear using G:\ as the path it looks as if you'll have to do some more editing to the XML.

I do not know Avalaunch all that well but I do not remember there being an Add Source option like XBMC. Unless you come across a really old version of UnleashX the G:\ paths are already included in its config.xml, even HDDLoader, which I'm pretty sure very few people use now.

So it looks as if you will have to add the paths you want manually. The template is shown in the example you've provided. Just add under each appropriate section the new path you want to include:-

eg.

<path>

G:\Games

</path>

and

<path>

G:\HDDLoader

</path>

Same thing if you want a G:\Apps or G:\Emulators path too. Just make sure that you do not accidentally put the new entries below the </list> at the end of the list of menu items included in that section. That's the end list command for each section and if you put the new addition below that it won't appear and could mess up the rest of the main menu display below it too. 

Of course you need to use Avalaunch's File Manager to create the named folders in those locations too.  

2 hours ago, HDShadow said:

Once the G:\drive is enabled to get the main menu entries to appear using G:\ as the path it looks as if you'll have to do some more editing to the XML.

I do not know Avalaunch all that well but I do not remember there being an Add Source option like XBMC. Unless you come across a really old version of UnleashX the G:\ paths are already included in its config.xml, even HDDLoader, which I'm pretty sure very few people use now.

So it looks as if you will have to add the paths you want manually. The template is shown in the example you've provided. Just add under each appropriate section the new path you want to include:-

eg.

<path>

G:\Games

</path>

and

<path>

G:\HDDLoader

</path>

Same thing if you want a G:\Apps or G:\Emulators path too. Just make sure that you do not accidentally put the new entries below the </list> at the end of the list of menu items included in that section. That's the end list command for each section and if you put the new addition below that it won't appear and could mess up the rest of the main menu display below it too. 

Of course you need to use Avalaunch's File Manager to create the named folders in those locations too.  

Thanks