OGXbox.com

any BAT file for Converting PCE-CD .mp3 files to .wav?

Misterposter552

I'm looking for a BAT file that takes .mp3 files from ResurrectionXtras's PC Engine CD romset and converts them to .wav format, the reason behind this is MednafenX-PCE doesn't get along with .mp3 files while emulating PCE-CD ROMS, what I mean by that is while in game the emulator plays through the first music or sound file in the folder for a few seconds then cuts to the next .mp3 file and basically do this all the time for every game and their respective mp3 files. If there isn't any bat file available to download, I would appreciate an easy and quick way to convert those files and edit the cue files by myself.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Misterposter552 said:

I assume I can only convert one file at a time with these lines, am I right?

converts all .mp3 files from the directory, just paste the code in a empty .txt file and change the extension to .bat, and it need ffmpeg.exe in the same folder

7 hours ago, Misterposter552 said:

What emulator does .cdda files relate to?

Oh I see. I didn't know that's what you were asking about in context. I was just talking about audio files in general. It would be really cool to have an audio format converter, or at least to modify Xbox media center to have gapless playback with other formats than CDDA.

This is when coding knowledge would come in handy for me.

22 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Oh I see. I didn't know that's what you were asking about in context. I was just talking about audio files in general. It would be really cool to have an audio format converter, or at least to modify Xbox media center to have gapless playback with other formats than CDDA.

This is when coding knowledge would come in handy for me.

Wouldn't leonv32's lines above do it for you if you swap .cdda with .mp3 and a desired format with .wav?

I'm assuming I would get an error because the converter is expecting a certain type of format to convert from, and CDDA is basically PCM/WAV audio. The problem is that I can't rip audio files the way I usually do and with the options that are provided. Ripping just won't work. So I have to manually go into file explorer, and copy the CDDA files onto the hard drive and then manually label the folders in artist and album format. It's the only way I've ever been able to rip music from a CD. I think I can rip in formats other than WAV but they're not lossless so they're really not an option. I can totally hear the difference between a 320kbps mp3 and 1400kbps CD audio.

Oh I see what you're saying. As long as the converter supported that as an input format, I guess theoretically it should work. But the problem Is that only CDDA files truly, playback gaplessly. Every other format has gaps with Xbox media center. Even if they're very brief. And it really really bothers me so I have to use CDDA for now. If Xbox media center actually supported truly gapless playback with every single format, I think I would have a lot more options.

49 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I'm assuming I would get an error because the converter is expecting a certain type of format to convert from, and CDDA is basically PCM/WAV audio. The problem is that I can't rip audio files the way I usually do and with the options that are provided. Ripping just won't work. So I have to manually go into file explorer, and copy the CDDA files onto the hard drive and then manually label the folders in artist and album format. It's the only way I've ever been able to rip music from a CD. I think I can rip in formats other than WAV but they're not lossless so they're really not an option. I can totally hear the difference between a 320kbps mp3 and 1400kbps CD audio.

I think that its not possible to just copy directly from a audio CD like you do with a data CD, you must have some software installed that let you do that.

for lossless audio you can use the FLAC audio format, I prefer mp3 with variable bit rate because of the portability.

you can try this scrip with ffmpeg to convert to mp3

md converted
for %%g in (*.cdda) do (
	ffmpeg -i "%%g" -vn -ar 44100 -ac 2 -b:a 192k "converted\%%~ng.mp3"

)

8 hours ago, leonv32 said:

I think that its not possible to just copy directly from a audio CD like you do with a data CD, you must have some software installed that let you do that.

for lossless audio you can use the FLAC audio format, I prefer mp3 with variable bit rate because of the portability.

you can try this scrip with ffmpeg to convert to mp3

md converted
for %%g in (*.cdda) do (
	ffmpeg -i "%%g" -vn -ar 44100 -ac 2 -b:a 192k "converted\%%~ng.mp3"

)

I literally use, the file explorer and Xbox media center. I expected there to just be shortcuts just like you would see on a computer, but it literally is all the audio of the files, and they copy over to the hard drive like it's a CD ripper or something. I have no idea how that's even possible, but I inadvertently found out that it's the only way to achieve truly, gapless playback.

Portability? I think most players now have a lot of space... Pretty much anything you play music with. I could definitely understand that back in the days of the iPod inception and whatnot, But this is the future man! :)

Thank you for the tip. I'm skeptical about whether or not Xbox media center, Will play gaplessly with any other format than CDDA, I think I tried FLAC actually... I could be wrong though.