OGXbox.com

Xenium OS black screen

Kryptic

Hey everyone, I have a openxenium with a XboxHD+. After doing a firmware update on my hd+, the xeniumOS did not show and had a black screen. I realized I had to update from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1. I used xeniumtools and flashed what I thought was a correct update to the xenium, but it seems not. I now have a black screen powering from eject and now from the power button, so I cant even get see my custom dashboard. 

Xenium OS is working as I can click down six times and press A which powers off the xbox. FTP also works and I can see the C and E drives. I also seem to be getting into recovery mode as I press down 5 times and then one time to the left, which changes the power LED to pink. 

I have a recovery.bin on the root of my E drive, but recovery mode doesnt seem to be doing anything, as it just sits there. I cant see what is going on so I do not know if I need to press a button when in recovery mode or not. 

Im kinda at a loss as to how to move forward since im blind as to what the OS is doing in recovery or if its even doing anything at all or maybe its going into safe mode.

Any help appreciated.

I haven't had that happen but I think the easiest to try would be hot swap the mod chip

Boot from any modchip then connect the open xenium and load the xeniumtools to re-flash the open xenium

I can send a link to the backup of my open xenium to flash to your using xeniumtools if you need it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I haven't had that happen but I think the easiest to try would be hot swap the mod chip

Boot from any modchip then connect the open xenium and load the xeniumtools to re-flash the open xenium

I can send a link to the backup of my open xenium to flash to your using xeniumtools if you need it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yes if you could share that, it would be helpful. Is this hotswap difficult to perform?

On 4/14/2023 at 11:01 PM, kryptic_hazard said:

Yes if you could share that, it would be helpful. Is this hotswap difficult to perform?

No but I do recommend you practice a couple of time with the power disconnected and I find it easier to have the Xbox on a slight tilt so you can see the LPC pins easier.

This zip file has the Xenium tools and a 2meg flash.bin file that's a download from one of my Open Xeniums

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BpzYT4Dy4ZoZI8idvinyd40Voh3BO_ox/view?usp=share_link

Once it's finished it should look like this if you power on with the Eject button and it's set to load the UDMA4 bios if you power on with the power button

It has the OS 2.3.1 and the vertical lines ( stripes ) are because this pic was taken on a version 1.6 board

Bios-list.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave