OGXbox.com

Full Redump set in CCI format.

nikeymikey

Live on backups now.

After reading through the posts in this thread, It seems it was kinda hijacked on page 2 by another user who had kindly uploaded a CCI set to (I believe) Archive.org and Gdrive. It seems there were issues with that torrent being completable (Archive ALWAYS has issues with torrent files in my experience) and also the Gdrive quotas. Reading further on it seems there were also issues with some long filenames etc. I don't know if that set is even still obtainable but I would recommend you skip it and just go for the new set on back-ups. 

The new set is on a 10gb connection seeding 24/7. All filenames have been shortened/corrected where needed to fit with the FATX spec and have been successfully transferred to an Xbox hdd.  The torrent will also allow you download only selected games, It is not one massive file. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Torrents are evil. At least thats my opinion. A freehost would be nice. Even you would need a premium acc you always get full speed and you are more or less save on downloads. And Achive.org is awful slow for me.

Depending on the size of the full CCI set, I could provide up to 1.5TB space on my prem. 1ficher. I could set up an FTP account for uploads there if you want.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Torrents are evil. At least thats my opinion. A freehost would be nice. Even you would need a premium acc you always get full speed and you are more or less save on downloads. And Achive.org is awful slow for me.

Depending on the size of the full CCI set, I could provide up to 1.5TB space on my prem. 1ficher. I could set up an FTP account for uploads there if you want.

I am downloading the full redump set from Archive at my full speed right now. Use Free Download Manager and you should see your dl speeds increase from Archive.

Not sure on the total size of the set yet but its looking good for a HUGE saving on space compared to the isos. Tbh I will probably stay away from 1ficher and places like that. Id' rather put it somewhere where the links wont get taken down.  I may end up doing both a torrent and upload to archive in the end.

Torrent for people who want everything and Archive for the ability to cherry pick games from the set.

Edited by nikeymikey

Torrent for people who want everything and Archive for the ability to cherry pick games from the set.

This would keep every one happy as not every one has unlimited data or fast download speed. 

I live in a 1st world country and we have 3rd world internet

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

10 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

I feel your pain, In London and I can only have DSL as full fibre hasn't reached us yet. Line maxes out at around 70mbps

I can't justify paying over a $100Aud a month for a 75Mb/s link and there is no guarantee I would get that speed 24/7 even $80 a month for a 50MB/s is bad enough but on the plus side it's unlimited data and I get 52MB/s 24/7.

They are starting to roll out fibre to the premises but that's years away for my location 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Total sizeof a cci set from repackinator worked out at around 1.8 Tb for me with 2 missing games ( Puyo Pop Fever JPN & The Guy Game) you might want to check vimms for the Isos that the archive doesn't have, or myrient/1fichier if you want better DL speed.

12 hours ago, Kalpi said:

Total sizeof a cci set from repackinator worked out at around 1.8 Tb for me with 2 missing games ( Puyo Pop Fever JPN & The Guy Game) you might want to check vimms for the Isos that the archive doesn't have, or myrient/1fichier if you want better DL speed.

Yeah ive been using myrient already to grab the odd one thats been missing so far.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2023 at 11:51 PM, HadesDX said:

Do you have the complete torrent ready :eyes:?

I'm almost there, I have X, Y and Z left to convert. Kinda got side tracked with other projects for a while. But I will finish it. 

As per a post back up the thread there are a few incompatibilities with CCI and a few games so I will be going through and making sure the torrent includes the best version of those games affected whether that be xiso or extracted folders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2023 at 10:47 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Uh, evil? May I ask you why you think so? My preference is always for torrents. Files hosted on Mega etc. more often than not are removed or expire. A torrent file (especially in this case) will have traction and seeder for at least a decade 

Edited by Zugzwang01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zugzwang01 said:

Uh, evil? May I ask you why you think so? My preference is always for torrents. Files hosted on Mega etc. more often than not are removed or expire. A torrent file (especially in this case) will have traction and seeder for at least a decade 

So pretty much exactly the same size as file format?... Why the FUCK don't we come up with a problem game ISO + File format set? Have ISO's for the problem games that have issues for whatever reason and add that to Origins? Then you could have filesystem access for 99 percent of your games. 

I'm going to build a set. This is ridiculous. There is no advantage to having ALL your games in ISO format. Only the ones you need. I grew up with a PC and I'm used to being able to do what I want with my files. Maybe you Mac users out there enjoy placing unnecessary restrictions and difficulties upon yourselves and begging Apple for more abuse. 

Why am I getting so pissed?

Torrents can be stopped, interrupted, resumed without consequence. Torrents are always better. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Zugzwang01 said:

Also, if the big issue is having to download entire rom sets (understandable), most decent torrent clients (or atleast QBittorrent and Transmission) allow a user to only leech specific files. Technically, there only needs to be a single seeder for every file.

Edited by ka5ug4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ka5ug4 said:

Also, if the big issue is having to download entire rom sets (understandable), most decent torrent clients (or atleast QBittorrent and Transmission) allow a user to only leech specific files. Technically, there only needs to be a single seeder for every file.

Unless it's one file and it's a HDD image... 

On 7/1/2023 at 12:59 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

So pretty much exactly the same size as file format?... Why the FUCK don't we come up with a problem game ISO + File format set? Have ISO's for the problem games that have issues for whatever reason and add that to Origins? Then you could have filesystem access for 99 percent of your games. 

I'm going to build a set. This is ridiculous. There is no advantage to having ALL your games in ISO format. Only the ones you need. I grew up with a PC and I'm used to being able to do what I want with my files. Maybe you Mac users out there enjoy placing unnecessary restrictions and difficulties upon yourselves and begging Apple for more abuse. 

Why am I getting so pissed?

Torrents can be stopped, interrupted, resumed without consequence. Torrents are always better. :)

You use the Origins setup?? That kind of surprises me lol 

I thought you'd have a nice completely custom install by now. :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

You use the Origins setup?? That kind of surprises me lol 

I thought you'd have a nice completely custom install by now. :)

Haven't had the means, really, if you're talking about having a fully working game set. I DID use the OGXbox installer to wipe out C and E so I could have XBMC, the MS Dash and I could get rid of that crap-ass Origins UI. Lol.

I'm slowly testing every single game in the origins install... It's tedious. I at least want to see that they load up. Obviously I can't test them all the way through. Then I'll try to fix the ones that are known to not work and either reinstall them if they were sabotaged, or get isos of them if it's another issue like ACL or long filenames. I'll get it done. Just need to compile lists that are as complete as possible, so I can do this correctly and thoroughly. :)

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I'm slowly testing every single game in the origins install... It's tedious. I at least want to see that they load up. Obviously I can't test them all the way through. Then I'll try to fix the ones that are known to not work and either reinstall them if they were sabotaged, or get isos of them if it's another issue like ACL or long filenames. I'll get it done. Just need to compile lists that are as complete as possible, so I can do this correctly and thoroughly. :)

Are you testing with cerbios and are you planning to release your findings here? I'm genuine interested in the outcome of your testings.

3 minutes ago, Dempsey_86 said:

Are you testing with cerbios and are you planning to release your findings here? I'm genuine interested in the outcome of your testings.

Edit: sorry Dempsey I'm an asshole today :(

Yes. I'm testing on an X3 box with Cerbios. I will post my findings here. :)

• Like 1

You just did say you have started to test all the games on your origins build one by one. My question is: will you share the results, the games that don't work ect. I'm interested to know what games have problems. And my other question was if your xbox where you do the testing with uses cerbios as bios?

@Bowlsnapper you are right about the assh**e part haha, but I can forgive you

Edited by Dempsey_86
  • Haha 1

• nikeymikey changed the title to Full Redump set in CCI format.