OGXbox.com

XBOX 1.1 all controller ports dead

Malanow

Hi everyone!
I come to you with the following problem. I have an XBOX 1.1 in which no controller port works. The console is unmodified and has not been opened before. I took it apart to replace the clock capacitor. Before the replacement, the ports did not work either. There is a picture and sound. XBOX asks to set the time but it is impossible.
I have two controllers. One original and one non-original. The non-original one I tested on a PC and it worked there, the other one I haven't tested yet. The other controllers I do not have.
I checked the motherboard looking for broken paths, but I did not find such, however, I will check again.
There is corrosion around the clock capacitor. Especially at the components R7G1, R7G2, R7G3 and Q7G1. It seems to me that the corrosion is only superficial, but I would prefer to replace these components. I found information that R7G2 has a value of 1.1 kOhm (SMD code 112) unfortunately I could not find anything about R7G1 and R7G3. Q7G1 is npn transistor - MMBT3904LT1.
The question is whether these components are related to non-functioning controllers

//edit

I forgot to write, there is a voltage of 4.95V on the power pins, in the controller ports

Edited by Malanow

I have seen trace damage from a leaking clock capacitor damage the traces for the game ports.

Can you post a picture on the bottom of the board.

If you upload a high quality pic to a share site then add a link here.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for the answer. I took pictures of the supercapacitor area. The pictures of the whole PCB came out too blurry. I will try to take better ones

The C7G5 capacitor is missing, because I was taking photos at the time of its replacement, it looked suspicious

nqFrVnj.jpg

nEWUf5n.jpg

LbPVOzo.jpg

Edited by Malanow

On 4/6/2023 at 3:27 PM, Malanow said:

There is corrosion around the clock capacitor. Especially at the components R7G1, R7G2, R7G3 and Q7G1. It seems to me that the corrosion is only superficial, but I would prefer to replace these components. I found information that R7G2 has a value of 1.1 kOhm (SMD code 112) unfortunately I could not find anything about R7G1 and R7G3. Q7G1 is npn transistor - MMBT3904LT1.
The question is whether these components are related to non-functioning controllers

the parts you have listed are only for the clock cap and not the controllers

Do you have another Xbox to test the original controller?

If you have the DVD kit you can use that to set the clock or at least skip the clock setting and then the non original controller should work.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

10 hours ago, FerociousOG said:

Did you resolve the issue? I have a similar issue with my 1.0 mobo but the 1st controller port is not working.

Have a good look at the section in red as I have seen trace damage here from a leaking clock capacitor and they are the port 1/2  traces 

LbPVOzo.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1