• Similar Content

• By JHanks
      Hello All.  Found this site after buying my first OG Xbox.  Looking to learn up on the system and what I can do with it.  Thanks!
    • By Hector Hidalgo
      So guys, now finally after more than a month waiting, I finally got my Sata to IDE adapter. So, I am finally ready to clone my old HDD to the new one.

The problem now, is that when I start chimp, I get a black screen. Thing is, if anyone in the forum knows me, I am from Chile, and I converted my ONLY original composite cable and converted it into a very amazing Component cable, using an original 360 component cable.
      So... I know that the problem Chimp gives me, is because I must use a composite cable. What do I do know?

I know there is a way to clone the Xbox HDD using Windows, but I cannot remember how to do that.

Cheers friends, and thank you.

Edit: Now that I think off, I do have 1 cheap component cable and the left over of my original composite. Is gonna be a pain in the ass, but anyone has a composite cable diagram?
    • By C64MidRezzie
      So I got a STartech Sata to IDE adapter and successfully made and locked a new SATA 500 GG hard drive using HDM v1.9.

i got an 80 pin cable and connected my SATA drive and sure enough it booted to the Xbox dashboard.  I had my Rocky 5 softmod files and Splinter Cell diskready to go but I can’t load Splinter Cell - I get a message reading - “Your Xbox cannot recognize this disc.  Make sure it’s an Xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD.  Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged.”

I have tried a different dvd drive from another Xbox that I know loads the game and I get the same message.  In fact I get the same message if I try to load any other Xbox game disk.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.