OGXbox.com

Toonami Aftermath On XBmc4XBox

Mechafury

I wanted to get toonami aftermath the kodi add on installed for Xbmc4xbox, Was told kodi add ons wont work with xbmc4xbox. :(

Is there anyway to install this add on or perhaps configure an already existing add on to Connect to the Toonami Aftermath Fan stream?
Or am i just in way over my head. I have been up for some time configuring and Getting and Xbox upgraded.

• Like 2

I would find it very valuable to learn more about functioning addons for xbmc4xbox, usually you get the same canned response "most of the addons dont work anymore, xbox isnt a viable media player in 2018" etc etc.... but i like to experiment now and then with add-ons that work. and also use my xbox occasionally as a media player.

i will try to sit down with this a little later. but the answer i find is usually NO, and things usually do not work.

would be great to see something that works with xbox

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2019 at 7:56 PM, wikati said:

I would find it very valuable to learn more about functioning addons for xbmc4xbox, usually you get the same canned response "most of the addons dont work anymore, xbox isnt a viable media player in 2018" etc etc.... but i like to experiment now and then with add-ons that work. and also use my xbox occasionally as a media player.

i will try to sit down with this a little later. but the answer i find is usually NO, and things usually do not work.

would be great to see something that works with xbox

I installed all KODI music addons and MOST of them work without problems, For KODI video addons some works but all video are in 720p and xbox can't play this with a stable frame rate.

B7PWQCz.png

UL6Rqr8.png

oofBNoK.png

eTRF8vy.png

0yDiScI.png

vKLT7vT.png

pMytAOH.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neighbor said:

was it hard, is there any tutorial on how to do that? what about resolution change in the video addons from 720p to 480p, is there such option?

I don't know about  Python developement. But maybe  there a option to change resolution to get it working in  xbox.

46 minutes ago, Sifaw99 said:

You can add this by download manually  ADDONS in kodi  site, FTP them and install them by using SCRIPT ADDONS4XBOX

Or you can add kodi repository in your xbmc4xbox, and download ADDONS direct in your xbox. like kodi.

don't know much about kodi, only heard it's available for android devices too, if so, and if their version has a different repository, then possibly it's worth to install that on xbox. (low resolution, less load)

17 hours ago, neighbor said:

don't know much about kodi, only heard it's available for android devices too, if so, and if their version has a different repository, then possibly it's worth to install that on xbox. (low resolution, less load)

kodi is xbmc just they changed the name, repository, is the same for all versions. and android decives can play full Hd video without issue or slowdow of fps.

6 hours ago, Sifaw99 said:

kodi is xbmc just they changed the name, repository, is the same for all versions. and android decives can play full Hd video without issue or slowdow of fps.

cool,

i suppose there is no repository specific to SD video, any "unofficial" repositories you know about i might try?

On 12/02/2019 at 9:50 PM, wikati said:

cool,

i suppose there is no repository specific to SD video, any "unofficial" repositories you know about i might try?

i installed all popular unofficial repositories, some of addons work but the issue is the video is HD, The FPS drops alot or cache buffer is full.

Xphaser fixed cache buffer issue at XBMC4XBOX

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1311

Its rare to find any repositories with addons .stream SD video, one solution i think could work, like @neighbor said, is to change resolution from HD to 480p in addon.

p9fIuWQ.png

GTO5WoX.png

RueJTox.png

Edited by Sifaw99
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sifaw99 said:

Its rare to find any repositories with addons .stream SD video, one solution i think could work, like @neighbor said, is to change resolution from HD to 480p in addon.

so you actually found some addons which stream SD?
did you try to see what's inside the addon code, maybe there is a simple switch from 720p to 480p?
did you try to change dashboard's resolution to 480p and see if the addon changes that too?

Edited by neighbor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, neighbor said:

so you actually found some addons which stream SD?
did you try to see what's inside the addon code, maybe there is a simple switch from 720p to 480p?

Some have the ability to change resolution even I notice that addons are broadcast from youtube, but almost all addons have HD streams, such as Movies, TV .. The average of frames per second is between 14 and 5. I do not know anything about Python development.

IMszYNl.png

2 hours ago, Sifaw99 said:

Some have the ability to change resolution even I notice that addons are broadcast from youtube, but almost all addons have HD streams, such as Movies, TV .. The average of frames per second is between 14 and 5. I do not know anything about Python development.

IMszYNl.png

great work.

im not familiar with kodi, so the repositories etc are elusive to me... this is a great project to keep working on.

• 3 years later...

Just found this thread and got the toonami streams working. This is awesome! Anyone know anything else similar or other good .strm files? Also I'm amazed that kodi plug ins still work with xbmc...  anyone could point me towards a good repo and instructions on how I would get these into xbmc4xbox like above?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 3:55 PM, dust08 said:

Just found this thread and got the toonami streams working. This is awesome! Anyone know anything else similar or other good .strm files? Also I'm amazed that kodi plug ins still work with xbmc...  anyone could point me towards a good repo and instructions on how I would get these into xbmc4xbox like above?

How did you get this to work? What did you download