Sign in to follow this  
Eltel

New Guy. Bios Enquiry

Hi all.

Firstly it's great to see a active old Xbox community.  I am a new member so please be patient 😀

I am a retro collector and I have 3 old Xbox consoles. X2 are tsop modded with the wincore 256 chip.. and I have one v1.6 that I am awaiting to chip.

Anyway.. one of the 1.5's I bought a long time ago and when it booted it no longer displayed the green Microsoft boot screen before the xecutor logo.. and the logo was orange.

I flashed the bios chip with a bios off the hexen disk everything works.. but now I get the green boot screen and normal xecutor flash screen before my console launches..

So guess my question is. was this a custom bios and are they difficult to change?

Many thanks

No, the X2 BIOS is not hard to color change.

Please login or register to see this link. can be used to make the color modifications to the flubber.

5c4b760a2702c_XBToolv1.0.20andX24979.67BIOS.JPG.2d6db521302f540db9f49e2dd6e6b3d5.JPG

There's also a color preset maker - see Please login or register to see this link.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Spackie21
      Hey guys, im new here so this is my first post and regretfully its a bad post.

Being the dumb idiot I am, I accidentally flashed a 1.0-1.5 BIOS onto my 1.6b Xbox, the modchip is an aladdin from about 10 years or so, now my Xbox wont even output any video and its FRAGGING, its also not letting me open the disk tray, is my Xbox completely broke or am I able to put a new modchip in?
    • By JonahUK
      I dug out my old box (v1.1 PAL) which originally had the x2 4981 bios flashed to it with the intention of getting it all updated (Rocky 5's EmuStation is the goal).
      Upgraded the HD with an old 320gb IDE, removed the clock cap and then flashed x2 5035 (256k) and all seemed good.
      Went to turn it on today and somehow the TSOP has reverted back to the x2 4981. Tried reflashing EvoX M8+ (256k), InD5004 (256k) and x2 5035 (256k and 512k) and all of them revert back to 4981 once I reboot (soft and hard).
      Video is set to PAL60 and Widescreen using the Scart AV pack. I have a composite AV pack as well.
      Should I restore back to retail (tsop & hdd)?
      Any other ideas?
      Currently, have no clue why it's reverting back to the 4981 bios.
    • By Magicaldave
      So I was trying to inject the .cfg into a 5003.67 box. (Duh) This seemed to work but I noticed the .cfg loading delay was still in place. I figured this was because I had left a .cfg sitting on C:\
      But I deleted the .cfg file, and afterward the default IND intro played and the system sat on the IND-BIOS X Screen indefinitely. What gives? There were no errors when injecting in Windows. It just doesn't seem to have done anything except prevent an error screen from presenting. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.