OGXbox.com

Trying to hotswap to do softmod using Inateck adapter w/ FATXplorer

fiftydkpminus

8 hours ago, cch2001.tw said:

Thanks, could I ask some question for hot swapping? 

My step as below, could you please help me to confirm if any incorrect.

Step 1: Remove DVD connect (but IDE bus is no remove)
Step 2: XBOX power on
Step 3: Screen is show error 11 (mine is show error 11, not error 12, I'm not sure that is abnormal?)
Step 4: USB adapter plug-in PC
Step 5: Quick swap HD drive IDE bus
Step 6: Run Xplorer360

I also see one software is xboxhdm23usb-Beta2. Is that heplful for me?

Thanks a lot!

Yes; however, for step 6, forget about using the old buggy Xplorer360 app instead use FATXplorer 3.0 beta.

You could use xboxhdm23usb beta3 to install a no-original-game-disc-required bootable softmod installer.

To obtain the latest bootable softmod installer,  download XBHDM Build.zip from the pre-built Xbox Softmodding Tool repository's Installer Variants subfolder:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Gs_yYVotDxAxtHZeHUVr_ts7KeMgqEmQ

Extract its content and replace the files in the XboxHDM23USB Beta 3's HDD_files/C folder.

Or, use FATXplorer 3.0 beta to mount the unlocked hard drive's C partition and write the bootable softmod installer files extracted from the XBHDM Build.zip file to it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2023 at 7:20 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Yes; however, for step 6, forget about using the old buggy Xplorer360 app instead use FATXplorer 3.0 beta.

You could use xboxhdm23usb beta3 to install a no-original-game-disc-required bootable softmod installer.

To obtain the latest bootable softmod installer,  download XBHDM Build.zip from the pre-built Xbox Softmodding Tool repository's Installer Variants subfolder:

Extract its content and replace the files in the XboxHDM23USB Beta 3's HDD_files/C folder.

Or, use FATXplorer 3.0 beta to mount the unlocked hard drive's C partition and write the bootable softmod installer files extracted from the XBHDM Build.zip file to it.

Appreciate! I will try that, thanks

On 5/22/2023 at 7:20 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Hello Kaos,

Could you please share tutorial that you mentioned? start from step 6, softmod by FATXplorer 3.0 beta with XBHDM Build.zip

Thank you!

8 hours ago, cch2001.tw said:

Hello Kaos,

Could you please share tutorial that you mentioned? start from step 6, softmod by FATXplorer 3.0 beta with XBHDM Build.zip

Thank you!

Run FATXplorer 3.0 Beta, mount the C partition of the unlocked hard drive, copy the current content of the Xbox's C drive to your PC - X: once mounted by FATXplorer.  Next, delete all of the content on the Xbox's C drive then add the content extracted from XBHDM Build.zip.  Unmount the C partition (X: drive). Exit FATXplorer 3.0 beta. Disconnect the Xbox hard drive from your PC and reinstall it into the Xbox.  When you power on the console, the Xbox Softmodding Tool installer will run.  Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation.  

Connect the Xbox to your home network and download the E:\Backup\EEPROM\eeprom.bin file to your PC.

• Thanks 1