OGXbox.com

Does the X3CP have the ir mod already?

Bowlsnapper

On 3/11/2023 at 2:19 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

Don't feel like taking off my panel to check, but I coulda sworn I saw a pcb in front of the ir window on my Control Panel. Do I just have to get a compatible remote?

The two X3CP's I have here I would need to add the ir receiver and then add a remote turn on/off circuit board to make that work

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The two X3CP's I have here I would need to add the ir receiver and then a and a remote turn on/off circuit board to make that work

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Okay. Thank you.

On 3/14/2023 at 5:28 AM, KaosEngineer said:

The X3CP did not come with an IR mod.  It does have a location to install an IR sensor.

Team Xecuter did sell the X3IR to go along with the X3CP and X3/X3CE modchip.

Can 100% confirm this. I have the X3IR kit installed in my remaining X3 console. Installed it a few years back, was an absolute nightmare to get up and running as all the PC software was designed for XP systems years ago and doesn't like modern OS's at all. 

I would recommend just getting hold of a Xerc 2 Xe (I think that's what its called) and using that, if they are still available that is.

EDIT - Xercs still seem to be available on Ebay in the US. 

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2023 at 7:50 AM, nikeymikey said:

Can 100% confirm this. I have the X3IR kit installed in my remaining X3 console. Installed it a few years back, was an absolute nightmare to get up and running as all the PC software was designed for XP systems years ago and doesn't like modern OS's at all. 

I would recommend just getting hold of a Xerc 2 Xe (I think that's what its called) and using that, if they are still available that is.

EDIT - Xercs still seem to be available on Ebay in the US. 

Nice one. Thank you!

Where'd you find the x3ir kit?

8 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Nice one. Thank you!

Where'd you find the x3ir kit?

I found it on some European console parts site, likely old stock that they never sold. Cant rememeber the name of the site im afraid. 

As I said previously you will be better of with a Xerc, MUCH easier to install and does the same job. Plus they are still available on eBay :)

6 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

I found it on some European console parts site, likely old stock that they never sold. Cant rememeber the name of the site im afraid. 

As I said previously you will be better of with a Xerc, MUCH easier to install and does the same job. Plus they are still available on eBay :)

Was probably shop01media. They had some a few years back but don't have any now by the look of it.

I have a few xerc2 chips left, I always install them in my xboxs.

On 3/21/2023 at 7:48 AM, ShinGoutetsu said:

Was probably shop01media. They had some a few years back but don't have any now by the look of it.

That's where I got this one from about 6 or 7 years ago and one day I might get around to fitting it..

X3ir-kit.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

On 3/20/2023 at 8:48 PM, ShinGoutetsu said:

I have a few xerc2 chips left, I always install them in my xboxs.

On 3/22/2023 at 2:11 AM, SS_Dave said:

That's where I got this one from about 6 or 7 years ago and one day I might get around to fitting it..

X3ir-kit.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Yes, that name sounds familiar and Dave, that was a doddle to fit but getting it programmed was fucking nightmare. The pc software was for Win XP iirc and was a bastard to get going. I got it going by fluke somehow but have a xerc on hand just in case it stops working one day. 

14 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

The pc software was for Win XP iirc and was a bastard to get going.

Windows XP is not a issue as I still have a PC ( P4 3ghz with a huge 3gb of ram) running with XP that is needed for some of the two radio programming I use.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1