OGXbox.com

Disable Cerbios bootanimations

Maverick923

4 hours ago, Maverick923 said:

Thanks! I thought of that, but I was not sure if it would cause any issues. That worked real well. That saved like more then 10 secs to boot. I am trying to get it lower then that. I am down to 41 secs before the dash is loaded. I wonder if there is anything else I can do?

What HDD and sata adaptor are you using and what dash?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, Maverick923 said:

I am using the NFHK SATA to IDE, and Emustation.

Have you set fast game parsing on?

What make and model of hard drive are you using?

I suggest to get a StarTech Sata2ide part number IDE2SAT2 and I assume you are using a 80 wire ide cable?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

21 hours ago, Maverick923 said:

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724030ALA640 I am using

I have the same make and size HDD in a Xbox here and I get 28sec from pressing the power button to the main screen of xbmc4gamers

The drive was formatted with Fatxploer as C, E, F: only there is still 900gb free with around 850 games plus CoinOPS 8 Massive and Ninja Massive 

I have a 80 wire IDE and Startech sata adaptor

I have a 2tb WD blue that's about 25 seconds from power button to dash loaded.

As a test I fitted a 2tb that only has a files on C drive and xbmc4gamers on E drive with no games or app and it's boot time from pressing the power to the main xbmc4gamers screen 19 seconds and 95% of that is the Cerbios  dogs logo..

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks Dave. I wonder if actual DVD images would be better instead of backs done the traditional way. I do have quite a bit of roms installed as well. Also, the boot time was more of an issue before switching the IGR so that LT, RT, Back, and Black can take you right to the dash.

Even still I would like to improve boot times. I made a backup image of the drive so I can do another system. I am going to try with the Startech and I will see how much things are improved. I have been reading and many folks swear by it.

Did you mean like Cerbios 2? dogs logo? Or is there a logo with 2 dogs? It may not matter, but I was wondering.

4 hours ago, Maverick923 said:

Thanks Dave. I wonder if actual DVD images would be better instead of backs done the traditional way. I do have quite a bit of roms installed as well. Also, the boot time was more of an issue before switching the IGR so that LT, RT, Back, and Black can take you right to the dash.

Even still I would like to improve boot times. I made a backup image of the drive so I can do another system. I am going to try with the Startech and I will see how much things are improved. I have been reading and many folks swear by it.

Did you mean like Cerbios 2? dogs logo? Or is there a logo with 2 dogs? It may not matter, but I was wondering.

I meant the dogs logo.

This screen.  There was a version (V2.02) of Cerbios that didn't have it 

PXL-20230303-225344908.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1