OGXbox.com

Cloning Hard Drive Via Chimp

Beater

So I am very new to the xbox modding scene and I bought all the stuff that is required to softmod my v1.6 xbox and I have been pretty successful thus far but I have ran into a brick wall. I bought a 250gb hard drive that will replace the previous hard drive and I and going through all the instructions on how to clone via chimp. Well I open up my chimp and it says it cannot lock my hard drive I have no idea if I can fix this or not and I havent been able to find anything online that has helped me with this. It also doesnt help that I really dont understand how alot of this works I am just following instructions if someone could please help me with this I would be greatly appreciated I can provide any information that you need.

9 hours ago, Beater said:

So I do happen to have a Maxtor Quickview 250gig IDE HDD.... Is there no way to get it to work without spending a whole lot of money? and if not can someone suggest me a cheap hard drive that is compatible that is pretty cheap?

You can use that HDD if you install a modchip; however, from what I understand about their firmware if bad sectors start appearing they are just ignored instead of being remapped. Thus, not recommended to use a QuickView HDD but it can be.

The modified BIOS booting from a modchip does not require the HDD to be locked.  Aladdin XT plus 2 on eBay for 3 to 5 USD.