OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT Advice needed please.

Cush

Hi, 

I recently searched the attic to get my original xbox back out, while up there I found a crystal version that I don't remember getting and set it up to see if it worked. It is fully working and has a Aladdin XT wired in it, the bios is EvoX M8 v16. I have been trying to find a tutorial on fitting a larger HD, probably a 500gb and wondered if anyone could advise or point me towards a tutorial if possible.

I have been reading and watching videos for the last 2 days and tbh am more confused now, I thought I would be able to clone the original onto a bigger drive using the xbox and then just rip my disks to the drive.

Would this Aladdin XT support the newer Cerbios or XBMC4Gamers ?. Any help/info would be appreciated greatly.

3 minutes ago, Cush said:

Would this Aladdin XT support the newer Cerbios or XBMC4Gamers ?. Any help/info would be appreciated greatly.

Yes, CerBIOS will work on it.  Or, you can use Evox M8plus v16 after adding the LBA48 v3 patch by loading the BIOS's dot bin file into EVTool v1.0.9 and saving it to have the patch applied then flash it to the modchip.

XBMC4Gamers is a replacement dashboard that you  install on the hard drive.

Since your Xbox is hard modded, there's no need to clone the current to new drive.  Download the content you want to place on the new drive to your PC then upload it back once the new drive has been prepared with an installer disc such as OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4.

On 2/26/2023 at 7:25 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Since your Xbox is hard modded, there's no need to clone the current to new drive.  Download the content you want to place on the new drive to your PC then upload it back once the new drive has been prepared with an installer disc such as OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4.

Thanks again for help, had no idea it would be so easy. Installed larger drive and now using the XBMC4Gamers dash, just need to work out why IGR does not work, maybe something to do with the chips bios but will post about that in the relevant section.

40 minutes ago, Cush said:

Thanks again for help, had no idea it would be so easy. Installed larger drive and now using the XBMC4Gamers dash, just need to work out why IGR does not work, maybe something to do with the chips bios but will post about that in the relevant section.

IGR can be affected by what type of adapter you’re using for the larger HDD. 

8 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

IGR can be affected by what type of adapter you’re using for the larger HDD. 

Sorry I should of said in my previous post, I ended up using a 200gb ide drive I had whilst waiting for delivery of my adapter so I just changed the ide cable to a 80wire.

I will be using a 500gb sata in this though once I know what I am doing as that is more than enough for our use.

17 hours ago, Cush said:

yes the EvoX M8 v16, I was thinking of trying CerBIOS but need to do more reading up as not brave enough to try yet lol.

I’m not sure if it’s a bios specific thing or not, but I do know it works just fine on Cerbios. There’s nothing to scared of. Try it out