ZinnMeister

Demo Discs Not Working In One of My Two Softmodded XBoxes

I just softmodded my second Xbox but I’m having an interesting issue I didn't experience on the first. None of my demo discs will work. I tried a handful of Official Xbox Magazine demo discs. I also tried the “Exhibition Demo Disc”. My copy of Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future (which basically functions like a glorified demo disc) also appears to be affected. Trying to play any of these either directly from the DVD drive or from a ripped copy on the HDD causes XBCM to restart. It’ll act like it’s going to load for a few seconds and then it just reboots.

I’ve tried dozens of other games in my collection and so far have had no issues. The problem seems to be isolated to my demo discs and copy of GT 2002/JSRF. I have used these problematic discs in my first softmodded Xbox with no issues. In fact, I have many hours logged in JSRF on my first Xbox.

I should also mention that I used a different method for softmodding this time around. My first Xbox was softmodded a few years ago using SID. For my second Xbox (the problematic one), I used Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool. The problematic console has a 1.4 motherboard. The working Xbox has a 1.0. I don't know if these points really matter, but I figure more information can't hurt.

Any help is appreciated!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By xbdavid123
      Hi everybody. 
      From what I can understand there is a difference in how to change the default dashboard to anything you want (If you have a tsop, sofmodded or hardmodded box.)
      In my case, I have a TSOP modded box and I would like to have xbmc4gamers or xbmc emustation as my startup dash.
      What should I do here? I have read somewhere that I should make a shortcut in a program on my computer to redirect it to where I have the dashfile.
      Please feel free to fill in the blanks for me to understand this matter better.
      / David

• By C64MidRezzie
      Hi - I am trying to rebuild an xbox hard drive - I have the eeprom - a meant gave me an old Dell IDE drive - I know HDM v. 1.9 will work on it as I used it a few years ago.  Does anyone know where I can get  the C and E drive files for the rebuild?  Thanks
    • By C64MidRezzie
      Hi - I softmodded my xbox original five years ago and didn't use it much because of a house move.  I took it out last night and realised that the upgraded 250GB drive is very noisy and sounds like it is dying.  I upgraded before using Chimp.  I am wondering can I use Chimp again with another 250GB hard drive or does the next hard drive have to be bigger than the 250GB drive?  I have looked for an answer on google but all search returns related to upgrading to a larger drive from the stock drive - there doesn't seem to be anything about swapping a drive for another drive that is equal in size.

Kind Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.