OGXbox.com

Green tint with component cable

Squishyrob

Hey everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I recently bought a component cable from eBay, the ones made from a 360 component cable and standard ogxbox composite. I downloaded enigmah-x and changed from pal to ntsc, enabled 480 and 720p. I plugged it in and there’s a weird green tint to everything. The Xbox splash screen seems ok (the evox logo doesn’t appear greener) but the xbmc menu does. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? The composite cable works fine. I even turned up the red setting on my tv but that just made everything orange. I love electronics, why don’t they feel the same? Why can’t I just blow into something and it work? I miss my nes. Thanks again,

Rob

4 hours ago, Squishyrob said:

Hey everyone, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I recently bought a component cable from eBay, the ones made from a 360 component cable and standard ogxbox composite. I downloaded enigmah-x and changed from pal to ntsc, enabled 480 and 720p. I plugged it in and there’s a weird green tint to everything. The Xbox splash screen seems ok (the evox logo doesn’t appear greener) but the xbmc menu does. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? The composite cable works fine. I even turned up the red setting on my tv but that just made everything orange. I love electronics, why don’t they feel the same? Why can’t I just blow into something and it work? I miss my nes. Thanks again,

Rob

Check that you haven't swapped the 2 red connectors.

Also clean the AV port on the Xbox using a bush like a tooth brush and some isopropanol.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I've not had that problem with XBMC but I have experienced a strong green cast with certain tools (Chimp) when used on some TVs with RGB SCART cables. I eventually realised that was a known problem with the particular PAL EU/UK TV not supporting RGB SCART for NTSC use. The TV did not have Component connections so could not display in 480p. Using PAL60 resolved the green colour issue.

You could try swapping back to PAL and seeing if the problem remains when you're using (PAL60) 480i/60Hz or (PAL50) 576i/50Hz.

If it is not that my thought is either you have the Component cable RCA plugs (Green/Blue/Red) in the wrong sockets or the cable has been incorrectly modded. The only way you could check the latter is with a multi-meter and knowledge of the Component pin out configuration.

11 hours ago, Squishyrob said:

Rob

Who the the seller that you got the AV lead from?  Send me a PM if you like

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.